OT, What Did You Expect When A Commiecrat Is In The White House?

Page 3 of 6

The reason for that is very simple Sadly, a great many people only have capacity for simple thoughts. And worse, only a few such thoughts at a time It's very difficult for them to process more and more info. So they hew to a few simple thoughts..
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/30/2013 5:49 AM, Attila Iskander wrote:

My cousin Harry lives in a very controlled society that is rotting from within due to TOO much Political Correctness and Kafkaesque government where people are imprisoned for defending themselves from armed home invaders. Just don't call a police horse "Gay" and you will stay out of prison. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 10:12:03 -0800 (PST), harry

No, idiot, it's called big government. Commies (fascists, same thing) love it.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 29, 11:18 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

No shitfer, it's called US government. Over a subjugated slave race.
Add pictures here
✖

# No shitfer, it's called US government. Over a subjugated slave race. #
LOL Funny that coming from someone even deeper in subjugation
What you are doing harry is projecting. You are projecting your own status on others to make your own helpless and reduced status more palatable.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 01:14:09 -0800 (PST), harry

One of these days, perhaps, you'll learn some English and can then attempt to make a lucid point.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/29/2013 5:02 AM, harry wrote:

When the government is involved we call it crony capitalism. This is where you make laws to benefit your political contributors. Obama administration is both commie and thug.
Add pictures here
✖

When I read this link, my eye fell on this paragraph:
"Nevertheless, under pressure from carriers and the CTIA-The Wireless Association trade group, the Library of Congress switched its stance and agreed to eliminate that exemption in October. The change went into effect Saturday."
I was not aware that Obama had been helped much by ATT or Verizon, quite the contrary. The rest of the article also debunks the reasons the carriers cite for keeping your phone locked. To me this is a product of capitalist greed that the current administration inexplicably agreed to. A failure of free enterprise protecting the little guy.
While the new regulation may have gone into effect, it does not apply to any phone bought before that. As you said.
Personally, I will just keep using my iPhone on the ATT network. It works just fine for me.
--
Best regards
Han

Really? you just found out about the DMCA now and it is Obamas doing? The DMCA was signed into law in *1998*
The section that gives the librarian of Congress the authority to do what they did is 17 U.S.C. 1201(a)(1)
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap12.html#1201
That have been slowly easing all that the DMCA was designed for over time.
Add pictures here
✖

Oh, boo-fricken-hoo. You want an unlocked phone, buy one and pay full price. You want to get a phone at a discount, sign a contract with your carrier and get a locked one, and abide by their rules.
You can still unlock previously-purchased phones, and most major carriers will grant permission to unlock phones bought from them after the contract expires.
Add pictures here
✖

Show us where the contracts from the major carriers says that you can't do what you please with the phone. The contracts I've had with ATT and Verizon only said that to get the discounted price you had to keep their service for a minimum of 2 years. And if you didn't they then just charged you the difference between the regular price for the phone and what you paid.
Add pictures here
✖

Some people are so politicized they would blame a snowstorm or hurricane on whomever is in authority at the time.
Add pictures here
✖
Didn't that happen when Katrena slammed New Orleans, and everyone blamed Bush?
Some people are so politicized they would blame a snowstorm or hurricane on whomever is in authority at the time.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/29/2013 10:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Don't the P.L.L.C.F. claim that Ramboma killed Osama bin Laden? ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
Don't cats cough up fur balls?
On 1/29/2013 10:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Don't the P.L.L.C.F. claim that Ramboma killed Osama bin Laden? ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/ot-what-did-you-expect-when-a-commiecrat-is-in-the-white-ho-734573-.htm DA wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Interesting find, I was wondering why Verizon had started running strange PR ads recently in which they are talking only about how much good they have done for the country and not a word about the services they sell - very uncharacteristic of Verizon. They must have been anticipating a backlash from this.
By the way, I don't get why they cannot stop "large scale cell phone trafficking" on their own - supposedly their databases should have all the information about who purchased what and when. This cannot be a person - you only get a discounted phone once in two years (you'll never make it large scale at that rate) - and if they are selling large quantities of locked phones to businesses which then ship them overseas, they could have dealt with those using contracts with the said businesses and simply go after them in court.

Who in the world would enforce such rule anyhow? Suppose someone unlocked their phone - the only reason you would do that is to attach it then to a different provider. The new provider might see your phone's serial number (is this possible, by the way?) and perhaps look it up in some database to see if it was sold previously and what the "lock" status is. But why would they do something about it and lose a customer and potentially have a PR nightmare on their hands when this becomes broadcasted over FB and Twitter? Given that the new provider is said to be "overseas" - chances of that are slim. And, by the way, US Copyright Office does not have jurisdiction "overseas" - wherever that supposed to mean - so who does this *really* aimed at?
By the way, the title of this message is ridiculous - if I remember anything from the social sciences classes (and they were mostly late classes, so I was fully awake) - nothing with the word "communism" in it would be compatible with the whole notion of "copyright" as we know it. In theory, there would have been no property, intellectual or otherwise, to which you would not have access to - i.e. free for all - and this is a move in the exactly opposite direction. If your intention was to just slander the sitting President of the U.S. of A. (a punishable offense http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law ) you should have simply used curse words and man up to the consequences instead of muddying the meaning of your own message that followed.
--

/\_/\
((@v@)) NIGHT

I still don't see the specific issue here. The major US carriers sell you a phone at a reduced price if you sign up for a two year contract. If you cancel before the 2 years is up, they charge you a cancellation fee of aroung $160, plus you have to pay the difference between the price you paid for the phone and the regular price. So, they get several hundred dollars if you leave early. Most people aren't leaving early. So, why would Verizon care if you take your two plus year old phone and unlock it? Or sell it on Ebay to someone where it winds up in India?

That is what I'm trying to figure out. I don't see the big problem that it fixes.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/29/2013 11:44 AM, DA wrote:

[...]

You obviously didn't grok the part where I wrote that ANY President will appoint cronies who share his/her/its own political beliefs and have the same agenda when it comes to control. I'm not just critical of Commiecrats, I get disgusted by Republicrats too. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖

juvenile red vs blue arguments keep everyone distracted and simply let the politicians be purchased and work at the bidding of the purchaser.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 29, 5:44 pm, DA

You DO live in a fascist country!