OT Wells Fargo sucks again

You can not change the address of a payee. You have to delete it and re enter it.
Lame Lame Lame
It says....To change your payee name or address you must delete the current payee and add a new payee with the new information.
Lame Lame Lame
http://imageshack.us/f/405/0023mv.jpg/
Metspitzer wrote the following:

Besides the fact that WF is going to charge you for using your debit card. http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/08/16/wells-fargo-3-debit-card-charge-a-sign-of-more-bank-fees-to-co /
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I had a question about my account. When you call the bank, they want your account number. I get that. Even if I am logged into the bank web site there is only one place I can get my account number. It is by opening a pdf of my old statements. I do not use Adobe bloat ware to view PDF files. I also don't like Adobe because it seems like I have to update it every time I turn on my computer. Anyway, my PDF viewer works fine, but is not compatible with WF.
I asked the girl if there was a way to get my account number without having to go to my paper records. She says that they don't include the account number online even though I have to furnish my un/pw to get it. It is for my protection.
So I ask her................so...........even though I am logged into my account I can not get my account number, but if some guy is hacking my account that does use Adobe crap he can get my account number. She chuckled but said yes.

Rather than continually complaining about WF, why don't you move to another bank that will treat you better? I've been with a small local bank for more tha 20 years and have never had a problem with them. Citibank recently lost my electronic payment and my bank gladly gave me all transfer info to send to Citi. They even followed up with a phone call to see if it got straightened out. Can't beat that. I'll never go with a big bank as long as there is small local banks/credit unions to choose from, never!
On 8/17/2011 1:44 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Agree, but the typical deal with small banks is that they are started by investors with the intention to be bought out. So you set up your accounts and a few years later they are owned by megabank.
And at least in my area the credit unions still follow the belong to something model (you need to work at a certain place etc). The one in our area that is open to anyone is twenty miles away.

Geez, buddy! WF has been the number one suck bank of all time since 1970. Where you been?
nb

Yep. They'll nickel and dime you for them to use your money. They bought out two local banks I used. Moved somewhere else both times.
On 8/17/2011 7:04 PM, snipped-for-privacy@altavista.net wrote:

Wells Fargo bought the wonderful bank staffed by nice folks that I was using then one day, I found my business account closed without any kind of notice by the suddenly unresponsive bank. Live and learn I suppose.
TDD

I call that the Microsoft Effect, for obvious reasons. WHich reminds me: "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck, is the day they start making vacuum-cleaners."
notbob wrote:

Got to be really bad compared to Chase (who charged my account fifty-cents to convert a $20 bill to two rolls of quarters).

Howzabout BofA, who charged me $2 to close out my savings acct with $10 in it. Many years later, with about $10K in BofA, I tried to withdraw $2.5K to buy a used car. They told me I'd needed the bank manager's signature of approval!! I walked out of BofA, that day, with $10K cash in my pocket.
How bad is WF? So bad, the introduction interview put me off to the point I've never ever opened a WF acct or even entered one again since 1970. That's bad!
nb
notbob wrote the following:

That happened to me just this month at my local BoA where I have my checking and savings accts. I presented one of my own checks for $1,300 in cash. It turns out that the young female teller was brand new and was not allowed to cash checks over $1,000 without a supervisor's approval, so I had to wait for approval.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Heh! One of my customers had his wife embarrassed because they refused to cash his check made out to her.
He goes down to the bank, drops a $250,000 CD on the counter and says: "Cash it."
"You'll lose the interest!" they cried.
"How much could there be after one week. I hate you. I'm going to put my money elsewhere. Cash it!"
"Sorry you feel that way. We'll make you a cashier's check right away," said the VP at the bank.
"No checks!" my customer replied. "You don't take my check, I don't take yours. I want cash!"
"Uh, I don't think we have that much cash in the bank..." stammered the VP.
"Hey, I don't give a shit about that. You're a branch of Bank of America. Get on the 'phone and get an armored car full of money over here."
"We don't do business that way," replied an indignant bank employee.
"You will now," said my customer. "If I don't have my money in thirty minutes, I'm calling the Comptroller of the Currency, the FDIC, the state banking commissioner, the rat inspector, the TV stations, and everybody else I can think of."
I think after he calmed down he settled for a wire transfer. But it became legend - him stamping around the lobby yelling "Why won't you give me my money?!!"
I also think he sent them a $100,000 fire truck as a parting gift.
What a cry baby!!
On 8/18/2011 7:43 PM, ktos wrote:

Don't you think a bank is pretty clueless to recommend deleting a payee? Exactly how would he retrieve historical information from the bank for the deleted payee? Wouldn't a competent bank have a mechanism to change the address of a payee like the rest of the business world.

boo-hoo.