OT-well it comes with a 5 year warranty!

My wife recently bought a new 'Baker-Eze' saucepan for the kitchen.

The warranty says: '(usual bable about defects) any piece found defective under normal use will be replaced at no charge with the same item or an item of equal or better value. Individual pieces should be returned by UPS or insured Parcel Post with a letter of explaination, proof of purchase and receipt along with $2.00 per piece. ...."

IE they replace it at NO CHARGE if you pay shipping and $2!

She bought it at a close-out store for $1.99. Even if she paid the MSRP, it would be iffy she would have even broke even, considering the shipping costs!

Reply to
jhill

Greetings,

I don't think I understand the question. My best guess is that you are asking why 'Baker-Eze' would supply a useless 5-year warranty instead of none at all? I offer several possibilities:

a) All 'Baker-Eze' come with the same 5-year warranty and it is useful on higher price items. b) They get to write "FIVE YEAR WARRANTY" in big print and "it's useless" in small print -- many people don't read the small print. c) Some people exercise the warranty even though it doesn't save them money because they want their prized 'Baker-Eze' saucepan back (maybe it matches the rest of their cookwear.) d) They want a small number of returns-- but not too many-- to better understand how and why their products are failing.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William Deans

Sorry, I wasn't asking a question. Just relating an good example of a useless warranty that was, as you say, in big print on the front. But when you read the fine print ..... I guess I should have made it more clear. Just adding to the funnys.

Reply to
jhill