OT: Water RESISTANT iphone

I have a friend and a niece who dropped their iPhones in water (unintentionally). They put the phones in rice and a day or two later the phones were working fine.

Reply to
Meanie

With the new Iphones costing $750 +, I have no sympathy for those who buy them.

Especially since the new ones have no earplug connection and you have to buy a wireless one that costs $150.

Quit your friggin whining.

Reply to
Andy

The new earplugs are a great idea. I'd connect a wire to them to make sure i didn't lose them. I'm good at innovating like that.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

But...but...but it's only $35/mo ;-)

Reply to
Steve HandJobs

You can always wrap your phones in water-proof bags! :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Apple has a way of milking more money from people who believe image is everything. But, in their defense, and adapter comes with the new phone for those who like wired earplugs and one doesn't have to buy their wireless earpods. Any Bluetooth earbuds will suffice and there are many good ones for a fraction of the cost.

Reply to
Meanie

That's the cure. Phone in a bag of rice to gently dry it.

Reply to
Frank

You don't have to buy the wireless earplugs. From what I've read when it's accurately and fairly reported, audio is available via the power cord connector and they give you an adapter that converts the connection to what the existing iPhones use so you can still plug in whatever you plugged in before.

Reply to
trader_4

On Thu, 8 Sep 2016 16:40:44 -0400, Meanie wrote in

Indeed, I own Apple stock, but would never buy one of their products.

Reply to
CRNG

I know little about Apple products other than wife's iPad. They do try to keep you in their expensive system by using uncommon adapters and software.

Consulting work I do gives me documents from many systems and of course

90+ percent from MS. I recall docs from Apple that needed translation to MS systems for me to use.
Reply to
Frank

On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 13:44:02 +0100, trader_4 wro= te:

TANT. When do we get waterproof ones? I hardly ever take my phone with= me incase it rains.

to buy a wireless one that costs $150.

The problem is it prevents (or tries to) copying of music. That's a dam= n good reason not to buy the phone.

-- =

An ostrich=E2=80=99s eye is bigger than its brain.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

As you'll see from my last sentence, this is nothing to do with Apple phones.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

They only invade because we keep voting for softy governments instead of the BNP.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

So what? Why do you see lying as always wrong?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Can't you answer the question? Was it too difficult for you?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

What's wrong with a warm room? Anything that lowers RH will dry it out.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

I detest such Neanderthal techniques. My watch can be worn in the pouring rain, I can swim underwater with it, yet a phone?!?

Reply to
James Wilkinson