OT: Water RESISTANT iphone

Page 2 of 2
On 9/8/2016 3:15 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

There are people that accidentally drop them in the toilet. Water resistant may be good enough for a quick dip.

You have to dry them out, and dunking it many times would probably kill it.
--
An Emergency Call Centre worker has been fired in Toronto much to the dismay of her colleagues, who were unhappy with her dismissal.
It seems that a caller dialled 911 from a cell phone stating, "I'm depressed and lying on a railway line so that when the train comes I can finally meet Allah."

The typical apple phone doesn't even need to drop in. Set it on top of a hydrant and let a small dog pee on it and you are taking a serious chance.
I accidentally dropped my old BlackBerry in the grass getting out of the truck on a rainy day. I realized I didn't have it about an hour later - went out and found it VERY damp. I removed the battery overnight and next morning it was fine. I wouldn't drop it in a pail of water and expect it to survive.
On 9/8/2016 9:27 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I have a friend and a niece who dropped their iPhones in water (unintentionally). They put the phones in rice and a day or two later the phones were working fine.
On 9/8/2016 10:33 PM, Meanie wrote:

That's the cure. Phone in a bag of rice to gently dry it.

What's wrong with a warm room? Anything that lowers RH will dry it out.
--
Michael Buerk on watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked: "They seem cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts."

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 2:15:28 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

With the new Iphones costing $750 +, I have no sympathy for those who buy them.
Especially since the new ones have no earplug connection and you have to buy a wireless one that costs $150.
Quit your friggin whining.
On 9/8/2016 10:44 PM, Andy wrote:

The new earplugs are a great idea. I'd connect a wire to them to make sure i didn't lose them. I'm good at innovating like that.
On 09/08/2016 11:44 PM, Andy wrote:

But...but...but it's only $35/mo ;-)

They only invade because we keep voting for softy governments instead of the BNP.
--
Why are there Marines on Navy ships?
Sheep would be too obvious.

So what? Why do you see lying as always wrong?
--
Interesting fact number 923:
Half the world's population has seen at least one Bond movie.

Can't you answer the question? Was it too difficult for you?
--
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

On 9/8/2016 10:44 PM, Andy wrote:

Apple has a way of milking more money from people who believe image is everything. But, in their defense, and adapter comes with the new phone for those who like wired earplugs and one doesn't have to buy their wireless earpods. Any Bluetooth earbuds will suffice and there are many good ones for a fraction of the cost.
On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 10:44:29 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:

You don't have to buy the wireless earplugs. From what I've read when it's accurately and fairly reported, audio is available via the power cord connector and they give you an adapter that converts the connection to what the existing iPhones use so you can still plug in whatever you plugged in before.
On 9/9/2016 8:44 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I know little about Apple products other than wife's iPad. They do try to keep you in their expensive system by using uncommon adapters and software.
Consulting work I do gives me documents from many systems and of course 90+ percent from MS. I recall docs from Apple that needed translation to MS systems for me to use.

rote:

TANT. When do we get waterproof ones? I hardly ever take my phone with me incase it rains.

buy them.

to buy a wireless one that costs $150.

on

The problem is it prevents (or tries to) copying of music. That's a damn good reason not to buy the phone.
-- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.

As you'll see from my last sentence, this is nothing to do with Apple phones.
--
In an attempt to attract a more modern, hipper, high tech type of customer, Campbell's Alphabet Soup now comes with spell check.

On 9/09/16 03:15, James Wilkinson wrote:

You can always wrap your phones in water-proof bags! :)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!

I detest such Neanderthal techniques. My watch can be worn in the pouring rain, I can swim underwater with it, yet a phone?!?