OT Warning -- How many have propane tanks in the garage?

Page 3 of 3
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

I'm curious, what are you doing that is causing your lawn mower to become wet and covered with mud? When I mow the lawn, the grass is dry and there is no mud.
I put the lawn mower in the shed from November until April, just cleaning off whatever old grass is stuck to the deck and the blade. In April I check the oil, top off the fuel tank, and it starts just fine. You wouldn't want to leave gasoline in the tank for a year without adding some STA-BIL, but six months is just fine.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 23, 9:28 pm, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

Cars are supposed to be parked in garages?!?!?!?!
;<)
TMT
Add pictures here
✖
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

I recall getting homeowners insurance at one time where there was a clause in the policy that stated that you could not keep gasoline in the house, and wondered about where people would keep fuel for a lawnmower. I don't recall anything being mentioned about propane.
Add pictures here
✖
SMS wrote:

ya, i wonder where they expect you to park your car? Seems it's a big fuel container also to me.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 22, 12:51 pm, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

After you've seen the aftermath of a house explosion from a NG leak, you get religion and keep the propane tanks outdoors. A house in my neighborhood blew up because of NG, killed an elderly couple instantly (dryer fitting was leaking) at 5AM when they woke up. The explosion and concussion was heard 2 miles away, house was leveled. My propane stays attached to the grill all year with valve off, never had a problem running the grill, see no reason whatsoever to bring the tank indoors.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 22, 1:51 pm, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:
I keep about four propane tanks in the garage (although two are empty at the moment).
Of course, it's a detached garage about 30 feet away from the house. Built of concrete block, with a flimsy wooden roof (the original owner/builder of my spread was a stonemason, but not much of a carpenter).
I suppose the cars are at risk, but life (as other posters have pointed out) is full of risk.
Cindy Hamilton
Add pictures here
✖

Seems reasonable to me.

Well, if she blows, with a little luck, it will blow the roof clean off leaving the walls intact ;-)
✖
On Apr 24, 10:52 am, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

Just like a fireworks factory. Of course, if the cars are inside, I'll be peeved.
Still, the whole thing is so leaky, I doubt it could get to the correct propane concentration for combustion.
Cindy Hamilton
Add pictures here
✖