OT Want to buy a 40 inch LCD 1080p TV? The price is a secret

Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)63873422&pf_rd_s=right-6&pf_rd_t1&pf_rd_iP7846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0TDGBZN3G478SYBW2J03

(Amazon.com product link shortened)63873422&pf_rd_s=right-6&pf_rd_t1&pf_rd_iP7846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0TDGBZN3G478SYBW2J03
They do that a lot of discounted items from certain brands. Why Don't We Show the Price? Some manufacturers place restrictions on how prices on their products may be communicated.
Seems like a silly PITA to me though.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I often hear that on radio or TV commercials. They say it's so low that they can't say the price, you have to go to the store to get the price (or maybe by phone). Silly PITA indeed.

Yes but internet shopping can be interesting. There is an ad on in Firefox that pops up comparison prices at other sites when you are shopping and have zeroed in on an item.
Frank wrote:

That sounds interesting, just so it can be disabled easily.

$744.98

$744.98 Not Bad

Depending on what you are looking for. Better prices for a 50" Plasma.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/29zhlhs
http://www.hhgregg.com/ProductDetail.asp?SID=n&ProductID=37153
And please don't start the 720 vs 1080 argument again. Not saying that you have, but it's been discussed here already.
I'll go ahead and get a headstart in case it comes up again.
http://reviews.cnet.com/720p-vs-1080p-hdtv /