OT: Walmart LED Sale!

Page 2 of 2
"Did you mean Con Ed? Is their motto still "Dig We Must"? "
Con Ed is Consolidated Edison and is NYC, Com Ed is Commonwealth Edison and is Northern Illinois/Chicago area.
I have a cree LED bub on my desk. it died last week at my front door outside light.
is it worth making a warranty claim?

Cree claims a "10 year, free replacement warranty" for their LED bulbs. I understand it is a Home Depot brand. I think it would be worth finding out how well they honor their warranty.
On the other hand, I'm waiting for an LED bulb to go bad so I can tear it up and see what's inside!
Fred

i have my failed cree sitting on my desk and yes i want to tear it apart:)
I was in 3rd grade and the teacher made a gross mistake, left me alone for 5 minutes, during this i broke the ditto machine.
i remember the teacher telling the class later sorry there will be no test today the ditto machine is broke
later i returned to my old school and serviced that very machine, it had some tech notes on the inside, cleared jam. i told the principal one of those jams i caused.
over the years as a child i tore apart all sorts of things, and fixed many of them.....
tv sets, a toilet, if it could be disassembled i made sure it came apart
my desire was to fix things. i have spent my entire adult life fixing office machines.
copiers, ditto machines really spirit duplicators, overhead projectors, a smattering of school teaching machines, and most recently roll laminating machines.....
bob haller wrote:

Jack of all, master of none?
Tony Hwang posted for all of us...

caused.

Key word is the unqualitative MANY.
--
Tekkie

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 4:21:39 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:

well not too many 4th graders are masters of much of anything......
i was fascinated as a child of anything broken and enjoyed tearing stuff ap art and fixing it.
bob haller wrote:

you write down and draw pictures how you take things apart so you can put it back together. I still practice that old habit.
On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 11:29:08 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Ahh...got it.
I grew up in NYC so I thought that perhaps Com Ed was a typo.
Dig We Must was Con Ed's motto as they screwed up traffic with the big holes they used to put in the streets.
My brother worked in one of the Con Ed control centers for many years.
I was an 8 year-old at the end of WW2, we lived near NYC. My dad would tak e me in to Radio Row on Canal St in NYC where you could buy almost anything war surplus including all sorts of electrical stuff. He encouraged me to take things apart and then rebuild them in different arrangements and see h ow things worked.
On 10/21/2015 8:03 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I recall going to Canal Street as a child in the 1960's before it was replaced by the World Trade Center. It was an amazing place.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Row Still one shop left:
to RBOWMAN:
Have cataract surgery, almost painless and the results are great!!!