OT: 'wall eyed uncles and yard cousins'

a great piece of prose on the 'ricin' incident-

I think I understand what he's saying with; xxxxxxxx "Tupelo is a kaleidoscope," said sociologist Mark Franks, who grew up in nearby Booneville. There are true geniuses walking the streets of Tupelo, he said, and incredibly wealthy, generous people. But also, "every wall-eyed uncle and 'yard cousin' ? just referencing the local pejorative ? makes it into Tupelo, Miss. It creates a peculiar culture." xxxxxxxx

Is that a sociology term or a Mississippi one?

Any suthrons care to translate?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht