OT - Voltage Drop In Trailer Wiring

Hi, Automotiv DC wiring is no place for Schottky diodes.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hmm, I wouldn't use other than SiC type.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

You obviously know nothing about the subject.

Reply to
krw

Hi, Please enlighten me kindly explaining junction type, doped type and SiC type? Was Schottky German or Hungarian?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Good Lord, you really must prove that you're a total moron. No need to use terms you don't understand. We got it.

Reply to
krw

What happened with the LED panel idea? There was one that plugged in like a bulb to feed an array of what looked like a dozen or so LEDs.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

The LED lens is still a viable option. I didn't have time to get a set via mail order nor call the "trailer stores" in my area, mainly because they are not that close to me. I've been too busy working, getting ready to move my daughter and testing the trailer wiring to drive to one of the 2 places that might carry the replacement lens. I didn't even bother to call because I knew I wouldn't have time to go buy them. I'll call when I get back.

I did check 2 local auto stores but all they carried was the 1157 LED bulbs, which didn't work out so well.

BTW...my daughter's move went fine. She's in her apartment and I'm taking the long way home, stopping to visit some old friends for a day or two.

I'll update the LED lens situation after I get a set to try.

Reply to
DerbyDad03