OT: Video Editing Software

Anyone do video editing and can recommend a good software? Preferably free, but I'm willing to pay something for a good program.
Thanks
Meanie wrote:

You need more than Windows media center?
Right Start with windows movie maker, and go from there if you need more.
Mark
Right Start with windows movie maker, and go from there if you need more.
Mark

    Depends what you are going to do with it. Cut/join/convert/audio/special effects/muxing/subtitles ?     Figure out what you need first ....     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
On 6/14/2015 6:49 PM, Shadow wrote:

I actually have Movie Maker and and old version of Coral Video Studio. I like the Coral for a few reasons but one in particular is when I need a snapshot from a video, frame advancement can be done per second. Movie Maker advances every few seconds and I often get one of the blurred video snapshots. Coral has been working well enough for me but today I couldn't save a frame as a still image and I have no idea why. I became frustrated when I had to print screen to save an image and started thinking about a newer program.
Overall, I do cutting, joining videos though sometimes with a spacer sometimes blending and sometimes throwing in an image, date display, sometimes subtitles, though never audio. Audio is always omitted. I need several format saving options as well as a variety of format acceptance. Generally basic stuff but part of me would like some features just in case. I was thinking of just sticking with Coral, but I have nothing to compare it to (other than Movie Maker) but as it ages, it will become more difficult to work with newer technology.
On 6/14/2015 6:49 PM, Shadow wrote:

I also forgot to add, one feature which is often important is the possibility to reduce camera shaking. Movie Maker has Video Stabilization but it's not full proof.
Meanie wrote:

Try Cyberlink Power director free for 30 days.