OT Vehicle antifreeze

A couple weeks ago I posted this que' on a couple auto type NG's & didn't get a response (Very slow NG's).
2002 F150, have never changed antifreeze. I don't need antifreeze to protect against temp's (warm climate). But, I have heard it is important to change antifreeze because the it wears out.
What wears out, the temp protection or is there a lubricant that wears out?
How much to drain out, and how? One guy told me to drain a gallon and put in a new gallon? That doesn't sound right to me.
Is it important to get all the old coolant out?
Thanks for any advice.
Bob-tx
It's the lubrication properties that wears out. BUT, a can or bottle of good quality water pump lube will restore what you need. No need to change the antifreeze if it's clean.

Consumer Reports recently had a small article about antifreeze and testing it with a VOM. Had to do with electrolytes or something. I can look it up.
Essentially, testing volts in the radiator coolant tells the condition of the coolant.
-- Oren
"I wouldn't even be here if my support group hadn't beaten me up."