OT vacation advice

I thought this was (is) profound.
Lesson one, you'll always forget something Lesson two, sunburn hurts Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your travel Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things better

There's a lot of wood in a tree?
What does that have to do with vacations and how many vacations does that even apply to?
On 8/12/12 5:01 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Maybe skiing. Sonny Bono, for one, made that connection.
I'll have to ask.
There's a lot of wood in a tree?
What does that have to do with vacations and how many vacations does that even apply to?

If you have to ask what it means, why did you say that you found it "profound"?
It was so profund, even I, the great, didn't grasp the full signifigance. That doesn't happen often.
The rest of it, made sense.
If you have to ask what it means, why did you say that you found it "profound"?
This just in. From the person who posted the wisdom:
Jeffrey wrote: "We split and hauled three trees worth of wood as part of our vacation"
If you have to ask what it means, why did you say that you found it "profound"?

Wow, now I understand the deep significance of that advice and how it applies to oh so many vacations.
Thanks for sharing.
Jeffrey's Law of Vacation: No vacation is complete, until sawing and moving three trees.

Wow, now I understand the deep significance of that advice and how it applies to oh so many vacations.
Thanks for sharing.
On Aug 12, 2:41pm, "Stormin Mormon"

On a real answer note: take a pair of nail clippers take along shoe polish

Shoe polish?
That depends almost as much on the vacation sctivities as "there is a lot of wood in a tree".
I just got back from a week on the Outer Banks of NC. Not only didn't I need any shoe polish, I didn't even need shoes. You don't polish sneakers or flip-flops.

There was no mention of a location...Stormin Mormon thought this list of advice items was "profound", even though he later admitted he didn't understand what Lesson 3 had to do with vacations.
Personally, I see nothing profound about the advice.
I quote:
I thought this was (is) profound.
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org
Lesson one, you'll always forget something Lesson two, sunburn hurts Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree Lesson four, never underestimate a company's ability to mess up your travel Lesson five, never underestimate a grandma's ability to make things better

Once again, I'll voice my opinion on his "grasp" of the top posting issue.
He grasps the concept 100%. It would be next to impossible for him not to, considering how often it's been brought up. Even if he couldn't figure out how to change his newsreader options to bottom post automatically, he could still cut and paste his replies to the bottom if he wanted to.
The only logical conclusion is that he is just flat out stubborn and refuses to change his ways. I think he likes the attention.
I would rather see top posting than to go to the bottom of a whole page of text to get to one or two lines of text.
Learn to cut out what is not needed !!!!
wrote:

<Once again, I'll voice my opinion on his "grasp" of the top posting <issue.
<He grasps the concept 100%. It would be next to impossible for him not <to, considering how often it's been brought up. Even if he couldn't <figure out how to change his newsreader options to bottom post <automatically, he could still cut and paste his replies to the bottom <if he wanted to.
<The only logical conclusion is that he is just flat out stubborn and <refuses to change his ways. I think he likes the attention.
On Monday, August 13, 2012 6:08:49 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:

OK, I cut out what you top posted since it wasn't needed.