OT--USB turntable

Not perfect, but it works. Might need a pre-amp with a mag cartridge. Or use a cheap turntable with a Xtal cartridge.

Reply to
clare

On 6/30/2009 7:49 PM snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca spake thus:

It will if you plug the receiver into the sound card. That's how I've been doing it for years.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Well, looks like you might have a chance to sell it now if you'd like :-)

Reply to
Plague Boy

On Tue 30 Jun 2009 07:58:06p, David Nebenzahl told us...

I use a small phono preamp that provides RIAA curve equalization and output to the PC's sound card.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On 6/30/2009 9:09 PM Wayne Boatwright spake thus:

Right, same difference.

I wonder if you can even buy those little preamps anymore? Used to be able to get them even from Radio Shack (ugh).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On Tue 30 Jun 2009 09:17:09p, David Nebenzahl told us...

There are quite a few on the market, some costing hundreds. This is the one I have.

Wayne Boatwright

Another thing to consider is s/w to separate an album to individual tracks and probably some depopping s/w unless your vinyl is pristine.

I'm just guessing that for $75 you're not going to get a really high quality turntable. He'd probably be better served by spending his money on a really good sound card for his computer and using whatever turntable he already has, unless it's a real POS.

nate

Reply to
Jeff D.