OT--USB turntable

Page 2 of 2
On Tue 30 Jun 2009 09:17:09p, David Nebenzahl told us...

There are quite a few on the market, some costing hundreds. This is the one I have.
http://tinyurl.com/mtdwth
--
Wayne Boatwright
Pdk Pdk wrote:

It appears to be a pretty slick unit. It sells for $150.00 straight from the manufacturer. I wouldn't mind having one.
http://www.ionaudio.com/ionttusb
TDD
Pdk Pdk wrote:

Normally, the output from a turntable has to be amplified to record from it via computer. If not built in (rarely) the amp can be obtained by piping from turntable to a stereo then from stereo to computer. See my dandies in sig for more info.
--

dadiOH

The Ion obviously has a built-in preamp; they're not just going to be able to run the magnetic cartridge directly into the USB connector ...

On 6/30/2009 10:16 AM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

Not to mention that the Ion also contains its own A-D converter, of unknown quality ...

On Jun 29, 11:37pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Pdk Pdk) wrote:

I'm just guessing that for $75 you're not going to get a really high quality turntable. He'd probably be better served by spending his money on a really good sound card for his computer and using whatever turntable he already has, unless it's a real POS.
nate
Another thing to consider is s/w to separate an album to individual tracks and probably some depopping s/w unless your vinyl is pristine.