OT UPS battery protection

Page 2 of 2
KenK wrote:

then somewhere there is software that will control the UPS 600. If there are no ports, then there is no software and you can stop looking.

It has a nine-pin female connector marked 'Status'. That's it. With no manual I have no idea what it's for.

KenK wrote:

install the software located here: http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com/en-US/Brands/Liebert/Pages/MultiLinkAutomatedShutdownSoftware.aspx
On 10/10/2013 12:19 PM, KenK wrote:

DB9 is a standard serial connection.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

The standard is a DB25 but there is a smaller variant, the DE9. A DB9 would be the same size as a DB25 and as many of these mini-D shell connectors as I've used, I've never seen a DB9. ;-)
On Friday, October 11, 2013 1:21:25 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I've always heard it called a DB9 and never a DE9.
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/StarTech.com-Straight-Through-Serial-Cable -DB9-serial-extension-cable/2886841.aspx?cm_mmc=ShoppingFeeds-_-GoogleBas e-_-Cables/Audio/Video%20Cables-_-2886841_StarTech.com%20Straight%20Through %20Serial%20Cable%20-%20DB9%20-%20serial%20extension%20cable%20-_STP-MXT100 50CMBK&gclid=COiN9__uj7oCFc2f4AodhUoADQ

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/StarTech.com-Straight-Through-Serial-Cable-DB9-serial-extension-cable/2886841.aspx?cm_mmc=ShoppingFeeds-_-GoogleBase-_-Cables/Audio/Video%20Cables-_-2886841_StarTech.com%20Straight%20Through%20Serial%20Cable%20-%20DB9%20-%20serial%20extension%20cable%20-_STP-MXT10050CMBK&gclid=COiN9__uj7oCFc2f4AodhUoADQ

You have always heard it called the wrong thing then. It is a DE-9 , but almost always called a DB-9.
There are atleast 5 of the D connectors. DA,DB,DC,DD,DE. http://www.engineersgarage.com/tutorials/d-connectors
Almost every one does call them DB connectors even though it is wrong.
On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 19:27:50 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

OK, what is the 15 pin high density D connector used for VGA called????
On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 20:28:51 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

DE-15. It's size is "DE" and 15-pins.
On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 19:27:50 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

connectors, and the hiigh density Sub D cunnectors are generally referred to as either HD or DH - most commonly HD. Some manufacturers call all sub D connectors as DB, 8, 15, 25, 37 or 50 pin standard density. Cannon invented the sub-d connector and the Cannon nomenclature is as you stated - but virtually every other producer uses the DB designation, rightly or wrongly.
On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 20:50:37 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

They are wrong. The second letter is the size of the shell, with the number of pins following.

Wrongly. No surprise though, many connectors have messed up street names.
On 10/11/2013 11:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

baseball caps, bling, and home boys packing a nine. Pants on the ground.
Yo, man, slip me a sub D connecto fo dis serial po. Ma tow ain doin no UPS shut down. Know ahm sayin?
. Christop A. Yo Learn about Big J www.lds.o .
KenK wrote:

http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com/en-US/Brands/Liebert/Pages/MultiLinkAutomatedShutdownSoftware.aspx

Most quality UPS will come with a software application you can load on your computer that will shutdown the computer after it has been ON-BATTERY for a configurable amount of time (c.f. Powerchute).
UPS batteries should last 3 years in a consumer-grade UPS, and 5 years in a commercial grade UPS.

The ups should shut down before battery rundown. Even with software, it still needs shutdown, monitor, etc.
Greg

computer shuts it down before the battery goes dead.