OT: Update on printers

How is that different?

Remember that it was you that objected to my use of the word innocent and insinuated that they all played a part in the decision to use the chips.

How is being an "innocent bystander" different than being "collateral damage of boardroom decisions"?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Again you don't know what you are talking about. I just happen to know many from the Philippines and even having a college education there doesn't mean a job. Many have to leave the country or take menial jobs to get by like being maids, work on cruise ships, etc... . So losing a job with a major employer near home must be hard there. I'm told being poor there isn't the same as here.

Reply to
Doug

You still haven't figured out that the only reason that "heybub" is here is to screw with people? One minute he is Rush Limbaghs twin and then now he sounds like the commercial that was running last week about how Romney killed the the wife of the guy who had previously been working in a mill that was owned by Romneys group that was closed.

Reply to
George

Quite a bit.

An example of an "innocent bystander" would be, say, a supplier of pencils to the firm. The pencil-provider had no idea what the firm made or the decisions involved in the firm's output, and certainly had no input to the firm's decisions.

"Collateral damage" would be, for instance, the killing of Ben Laden's bodyguards in an effort to reach the main target.

Reply to
HeyBub

See my post involving the town of Illian, NY.

Reply to
HeyBub

I'll ask the same question that I asked before:

"Do you really think that the secretary for the lady in the purchasing department that negotiated the contract for the boxes that the ink cartridges will be shipped in played any role in the decision to use chips in the cartridges?"

Now I'll ask it in a different way, using your example of an "innocent bystander":

Do you think that the secretary for the lady in the purchasing department that negotiated the contract for the boxes that the ink cartridges will be shipped in had any more of an idea about the decisions involved in the firm's output or had any more input to the firm's decisions than the pencil supplier?

If they both had zero idea and zero input, how is that secretary any less of an innocent bystander than the pencil supplier?

BTW...it's OK to admit that you were wrong. It might actually feel good.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That's not surprising. You *are* industrial strength stupid.

It "doesn't mean a job", here, either, moron. Do you really think a job is a birth right?

Boo hoo.

Really? You are just full of smart things to say.

Reply to
krw

No, I don't think the janitor or the secretary or the guard at the parking lot entrance had any input on the chip plan - I never said they did. I DID say the voluntarily went to work, and continued to work, for an evil and wicked company. They knew, or should have known, about the scandalous actions of their betters and absented themselves from the place.

It's pretty much the same as all the Enron employees who had their IRA's wiped out when the company went bust. Poor devils! Some had hundreds of thousands of dollars disappear! Down in the weeds was the fact that these workers had invested their money in ENRON STOCK!

My empathy needle hovered at near zero.

Reply to
HeyBub

Oh I see...the guy that cleans the toilets at 4 AM for minimum wage and minimal (if any) benefits "knew, or should have known, about the scandalous actions of their betters and absented themselves from the place."

And those "scandalous actions" you refer to, those pesky chips in the ink cartridge.. yep, that's something a guy with a toilet brush in his hands would be well-versed about.

Goodness gracious, what goes on in that head of yours?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

...and watched it ride every step down the hill.

Ditto.

Reply to
krw

You're just as stupid.

Reply to
Doug

You didn't know all of those people in the plant in the Philippines making $10/day were enriching themselves just like enron employees?

You didn't know the "free market" was a bad thing when "heybub" couldn't get cheap ink cartridges for a $39 printer that was designed to have the low entry price subsidized by the consumables. Thats a different "free market" than the one limbagh preaches about.

The only think I can is "heybub" intentionally plays both sides to screw with people or something is really broken.

Reply to
George

Wow! IKWYABWAI is such a sharp retort.

Reply to
krw

Yes. I think you've wrapped your mind around the concept.

No, I don't think he would be "well versed." In any event, it's unlikely he would be dismissed in the announced down-sizing.

Wondering where you come up with your metaphors. In the case of Lexmark, the guy cleaning the toilets was probably an employee of a contract company. He's not completely absolved of collusion, just one step removed. In many way, similar to a clean-up company being called to tidy-up a Mafia hit.

Reply to
HeyBub

I could say the same but I made my point and imagine you will resort to more name calling anyway.

Reply to
Doug

Dougie, Dougie, Dougie. Stating facts is not "name calling". You *are* a moron.

Reply to
krw

U have your facts reversed. I presented information from people that lived there. You did not. Therefore using your own definition, you are the moron in this thread.

Reply to
Doug