(OT) Universal Remote codes

I got one of those JUMBO Universal Remote controls at a rummage sale for 50 cents. So, I'm not woried if it dont work, but I am wondering how to program it for my tv.
My tv is a brand called "Element". The remote is "Innovage". I googled it, and found a manual, but the "Element" brand is not listed. This hdtv is likely newer than the remote. The manual said to press the "Code Search" button if the brand is not listed, but it's not finding my tv (or do I need to press that button 1000 times)?
Is there any place to find the codes for ALL tv sets? Anyone know????
Thanks
--
Copyright © 2016 Painted Cow, Inc. - All text, images, and other content
of this message are the copyrighted material of Painted Cow, Inc. unless
On 9/24/2016 12:13 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

try 10178
On 9/24/2016 2:00 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

or else
http://codesforuniversalremotes.com/remote-control-codes-for-element-tvs/
On 9/24/2016 5:02 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

And, google the remote model number to find codes. Be aware, because the remote might be old, the exact codes might not be in the remote for a newer TV. But some may work.
On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 14:02:35 -0700, Taxed and Spent

This is an excellent website for getting the UR codes. Thanks
Unfortunately, it appears the UR I have, will not respond to any of the codes. It's probably too old. But I'm only out 50 cents, so no big loss!
On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 4:17:03 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

A quick google produced this:
http://codesforuniversalremotes.com/remote-control-codes-for-element-tvs/
If that doesn't work, Element is one of the low cost, new TV suppliers. Very unlikely they are using a unique code. I'd try the codes for the major TV manufactures, eg Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, etc. They are not all unique, many use a common code and I'd bet Element uses one of them.
On 09/26/2016 10:40 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[snip]

Recently, I set up a remote for a new DVD player. The brand was a familiar one (Magnavox?) and none of the Magnavox codes would work. Good thing I noticed it was really a Funai (name was on a label on the back). A code for Funai worked.
--
90 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).