OT two people in the cockpit

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:53:09 -0400, Seymore4Head

On a probability basis there is no logic at all to what you say. Probabilistically the second person if far more likely to NOT want to die. Extending that out, the best way to prevent this from happening in the future is for everyone in the plane to ride in the cockpit.......

That's not practical, but what they coudl do is move the door from right behind the navigator back to just in front of the rear galley. Then all the passengers will be in the cockpit with the pilots. They can sing songs.
Per Ashton Crusher:

Harks back to Accounting 101: try to construct a system where at least two people have to cooperate in order to steal anything.
--
Pete Cresswell

Females can't go in a cockpit!
If they did, it would no longer be a COCKpit !!!! :)
Sorry, I couldn't resist......
snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Probably wouldn't be as much of a pit either....
but what they conceal is vital."

from committing mass murder. It is a precaution in case the PIC suffers a heart attack, stroke, or other issue that puts him out of commission.. Flight crew are all trained in the use of the radio - even if they are not licenced radio operators, and they can summon help if required. There have been several instances of an aiplane being landed by "remote control" by non-pilots, with input from a ground-based pilot/trainer over the radio.. Some almost flawless landings, and some hairy but safe ones.
Several cases where a passenger filled in for the "second seat" on commercial airliners as well - but there was either pilot or copilot in "first seat"

male "flight attendant". Some of these guys are licenced pilots who don't have a job as a commercial pilot and love to fly, and some of them look like they could be body-builders or bouncers.

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 19:43:58 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I left it out but... Stewardesses are probably a lot easier to knock out, but.... Look out that window! and while his back is turned, hit him over the head with a wrench. No guns in the cockpit afaik, but there must be something hard and heavy to use.
Yeah, I know this doesn't happen often, and I know a 2nd person will help if the pilot keels over dead. I'm just saying that a 2nd person won't help or won't help much if the pilot wants to crash the plane. It's another example of "Let's do something" even if it won't help.

On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 4:54:16 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:

Maybe it's not as bad an idea as you think. The USA is a big country, with lots of major airlines, more flights than any other country in the world. We haven't had a single case where a nut job pilot crashed the plane, deliberately killing everyone. So, maybe our procedures and systems are better. It's becoming more obvious that this pilot was never fit to have had a medical certificate or job at an airline and that Lufthansa knew it. IDK what the aviation compensation laws are in Europe, but this kind of gross negligence case could be a whopper.
On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 04:58:38 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

That's because nutjobs in the US aren't pilots so much, but they are posters to Usenet.

On 3/28/2015 7:58 AM, trader_4 wrote:

From what I read this morning, the guy took a couple of breaks from training due to his problems, depression, and the like. People like that should not be entrusted with the lives of others.
The compensation laws seem to make the airline liable too. You'd think this would have been noticed as he had medical notes to not work. The airline already said they would be paying some compensation.