OT: Two firefighters shot and killed in Webster,NY

Oren, you stupid idiot. He was drving to the scene and was getting out to fight the fire. Several homes were engulfed in flames. It was dark and black smoke was everywhere. The killer was laying in wait and ambushed them all.

You seem to be dense as in just plain dense. You don't seemed to understand. The first responders were driving their vehicles to a fire scene. The killer was up on a berm in a hidden spot. He shot people thru their windshields, if you know what a windshield is. One of them was shot while still driving along the road. They were ambushed. Too bad you weren't there. Police officers do not drive vehicles with their guns in their hands. So your *question* is just *dense*. I'm done with you as you just want to argue for no reason. You are a juvenile.
<somewhat snippy stuff snipped>

Though I am unsure what point Oren's trying to make in this case, I am surprised that so many gun advocates seem to be unaware of the tremendous advantage surprise gives an adversary. Maybe they've forgotten their history.
On Christmas night in 1776, Gen. George Washington crossed ice floe filled Delaware River to lead some 2,400 Continental Army troops on an unexpected raid against German Hessian mercenaries garrisoned at Trenton, N.J. Washington's forces caught the paid Brit soldiers for hire completely off guard. Maybe they forget how Americans got slaughtered at Pearl Harbor by a surprise attack. The Six Day War in Israel saw most of the Egyptian Air Force destroyed on the ground in, yes, you guessed it: a surprise attack.
Researchers have recently uncovered is just how much copying is involved in mass shootings. The media shares some of the blame:
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/12/the-media-needs-to-stop-inspiring-copycat-murders-heres-how/266439 /
Suggests that by providing excruciating detail of the shooting crime scenes, we're giving the next shooter too much help.
-- Bobby G.
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 07:18:03 -0500, "Robert Green"

No one has disputed that, moron! It's irrelevant, though. Once the situation unfolds, it's *your* position that they victims should just accept that they're going to die. Worse, you *want* to advertise, IN ADVANCE, that they are willing to just roll over and die. You lefties are amazing.
<irrelevant crap snipped>
wrote in message

I found out today from a friend of "Chip" (one of the murdered) that he was shot in the back of the head. Much of his face was missing. He was also shot in the back multiple times. He leaves behind a family including a small baby. Tomasz was just 19 years old. I don't know details of his family. My friend told me both of them fortunately didn't suffer. Funeral services are going to be held at the high school and also the church just up the road a bit from my street. There's a special place in hell for the killer.

(end)

In a holster or on his dresser at home would not have made one iota of difference

Which has just what to do with that idioic question?
Harry K

How about expanding on it and telling us what your goal is? All you are doing by repeating it is to appear ever more stupid.
Harry K

Good. that was all pointed out in my first post but you kept coming back.
Harry K