OT: Two firefighters shot and killed in Webster,NY

Page 6 of 8

Of course, anything would make you laugh because you're a moronic raving loon. No facts. No data. Just stupid ideas based in ignorance. And when presented with the facts, ie that a 10 year long ban on "assualt weapons" and high capacity magazines made no difference in murder rates, crime rates, then you just try to evade.
My vote for the biggest village idiot of the month. You've even passed harry and homelessguy. Quite an achievement!

Of course. Everything makes you laugh because you're a moronic, raving loon. You probably howl at the moon.

Maybe if you took your head outa your a__ , you'd see the light. Of course I may giving you too much credit.

ROTFLOL! Dougie, you're a prize!

Wise up, idiot.

How to disarm nuts like yourself.

Do try. This out to be FUNNY!
On 12/26/2012 12:50 PM, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Whenever the P.L.L.C.F. talk about confiscating firearms I ask them what should happen if a citizen refuses to surrender his property. The answer is always that the police should shoot them dead and take their guns. O_o
TDD
That sure cuts down on gun violence, and deaths.
Whenever the P.L.L.C.F. talk about confiscating firearms I ask them what should happen if a citizen refuses to surrender his property. The answer is always that the police should shoot them dead and take their guns. O_o
TDD

You've identified what I believe is the profound weakness in all the "arm the schools" suggestions. The mass shooters, by an large, have the tactical element of surprise on their side. They also choose the "battlefield" and are typically as well-armed as any one individual can be, at least with conventional weapons. Now they are even using ballistic protection. That's a terribly difficult advantage to nullify. So is being armed with a pistol when your attacker is concealed some distance away with a much more powerful weapon.
The armed responders at Columbine were not able to overcome the element of surprise. Mother Jones researched all the of US mass shootings and found *no* case of armed responders being able to intercept and nullify an attacker.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/mass-shootings-investigation
Surprise has been an element of many successful military operations - just look at D-day in WWII. Had the Germans known precisely where the assault was coming, it could have failed or been far more costly to the Allies. We spent an enormous effort to keep the location of the attack concealed, making it very difficult for the Germans to put defensive troops and materiel in place.
We aren't likely to solve the mass-shooting problem short of a time machine or the invention of guns that can only be used in self-defense:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weapon_Shops_of_Isher
<<The Isher/Weapon Shops novels are one of the very few examples of Golden Age science fiction that explicitly discusses the right to keep and bear arms, specifically guns. Indeed, the motto of the Weapon Shops, repeated several times, is "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free". Van Vogt's guns have virtually magical properties, and can only be used in self-defense.>>
As the gun rights advocates have rightly noted, the gun laws mostly apply to law-abiding citizens and not criminals or the insane, so new laws are not likely to prevent their reoccurrence. A ban on high capacity magazines has some potential to reduce the severity of mass shootings, but there are so many of them in circulation now that it's a little late to lock the barn door. Perhaps better late than never.
One thing that is disturbing is that their appears to be a clear link between the rise in the number of guns in circulation and the number and severity of mass-shootings.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/mass-shootings-investigation
<<There appears to be a relationship between the proliferation of firearms and a rise in mass shootings: By our count, there have been two per year on average since 1982. Yet 25 of the 62 cases we examined have occurred since 2006. This year alone there have already been seven mass shootings-and a record number of casualties, with more than 140 people injured and killed.>>
As for the idea that armed responders in schools can stop tragedies like Newtown: <<In Tyler, Texas, a civilian named Mark Wilson fired his licensed handgun at a man on a rampage at the county courthouse. Wilson-who was a firearms instructor-was shot dead by the body-armored assailant, who wielded an AK-47.>>
This case was NOT included in the mass shootings data set because fewer than four victims died. If a firearms instructor can't do it, who can? Miss Epstein, my second grade teacher? Not very likely. Almost every teacher I know is a gun-control advocate.
-- Bobby G.
On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:45:48 -0500, "Robert Green"

I don't think an armed guard is the solution, either. Arming the teachers is the answer. It certainly wouldn't end a sniper attack but that's not the real problem with mass murders.

If teachers were allowed to defend themselves, they may well have been able to end it faster. Certainly they would have in the CT shooting.

The idea isn't to eliminate a threat, it's to get them to choose a more difficult different target. Rinse, repeat.

Figures that you'd resort to fiction to solve a real problem.
<fantasies snipped>

Perhaps not. However it's also quite clear, to any gun owner, that reloading takes almost no time. Limiting magazine size is next to useless.

Nonsense, on both counts. Perhaps you should link it to the average speed on the Interstates.

Mother Jones. Wow, who wudda thunk. Maybe Douggie can use that as his "research".

What color is the sky in your perfect world. Do you really want an example where a person carrying a gun STOPPED the bad guy? You lefties *never* look at both sides of anything.

Nonsense. You live in la-la-land. Of course every teacher you know is a gun-control advocate. So?
On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 16:04:01 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

Let's assume I agree with you.... exactly where does the teacher keep his weapon ?

**HIS** weapon? How very sexist of you.
Everyone knows teachers are women!

**HIS** weapon? How very sexist of you.
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 08:43:43 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

But Douggie knows that women can't use guns. He researched it.
Oh, gosh, you're so right. I'm going to hide under the desk for a while.

But Douggie knows that women can't use guns. He researched it.
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:34:11 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Ok, just answer the question. Where does a teacher put their weapon when teaching ? Do I need to re-word the question for you?

I did, moron! Geez, NO ONE on the Usenet has even played the stupid part better than you, Douggie!

In a holster? Maybe even locked in a desk drawer? Perhaps, in a chickenshit place like you live, in a gun safe built into the desk? Hell, even arming the office staff with the guns stored in a gun safe would be better than advertising for dead children.
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:33:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Using your logic, we don't need the police cause if we arm every citizen, that solves everything.

Goo Lord, you're an idiot. The police didn't do the CT kids much good, did they? ...yet that's good enough for you. You're a POS, but everyone already knows that.