OT: Two firefighters shot and killed in Webster,NY

Page 4 of 8

Things should make sense, Dufas <grin>. You have to match the need for learning experience with the desire to do no harm ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 12/28/2012 7:24 AM, Han wrote:

I'm glad you noticed I was being fecesious[sic]. Usually whenever I postulate that everything should be made as dangerous as possible and no safety concerns should be considered when manufacturing anything so stupid people will die thus cleansing the gene pool, I get hoards of howling moonbats calling me an evil Nazi, Republican, KKK, Martian, baby seal clubbing, puppy kicking, kitten juggling, Tea Party member. As much fun as it is for me to bedevil the humor and irony impaired morons who react and think emotionally rather than process information rationally, I do feel a tiny twinge of guilt for stirring them up. I just can't help it, it's too much fun. ^_^
TDD
On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 08:56:34 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Understood. I can think of one myself but there are probably others. BTW, well put.
On 12/28/2012 9:28 AM, Doug wrote:

I did come up with a description of the mental illness suffered by folks I mess with for entertainment purposes. ^_^
H.I.S.I., pronounced "hissy". It stands for: (H)umor (I)rony (S)arcasm (I)mpairment. People with that particular mental disease are said to have H.I.S.I. fits and often put on a big display of pseudo-intellectualism about the subject at hand when they fail to see the humor or bizarreness of statements made by someone who is attempting to pull their leg. It's also called The Mr. Data response in some circles. ^_^
TDD
On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 10:31:28 -0600, The Daring Dufas

You're good <grin>.
On 12/28/2012 11:49 AM, Doug wrote:

Back in college psychology class we studied "stimulus response" the classic example being the dog conditioned to drool whenever a bell was rung because that ringing was usually followed by food for the dog. I took stimulus response and turned it into a form of entertainment I call "brain fondling". It's fun to produce unexpected and puzzling responses during human interaction and noting the reaction of my targets. It's the most fun when used on children, the most entertaining creatures on the planet. There are many examples and common reactions from certain types of people and it is really consistent. I imagine it could be a lot of fun to write a book on it. The closest thing to what I do for fun is done by TV programs like Candid Camera and Just For Laughs. My only rule is that any prank is to be physically harmless. ^_^
TDD
Yes to whipped cream in the shoes, and no to live alligators?
[...]

He's got your number, Douggie.
email.me:

The word you're looking for is "facetious".
Does "fecesious" mean full of shit? <g>
On 12/28/2012 11:11 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

Yes, another word invention to describe two combined states of mind. ^_^
TDD
On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 17:11:07 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

I think he did have the word he was looking for. ;-)

The gun will only fire once and the person carrying that gun won't at all.
Han wrote:

That's the new argument that gun luvers have: Firefighers need to be armed when they're on the job.
You know what their next argument is going to be? When the right situation comes along, they're going to say that surgeons will need to be armed while on the job. This will lead to endless debate as to whether or not guns can be sterilized without affecting their functionality.
After that, it will be astronauts.

What I want to know is why these people would still be alive if they didn't have guns but the shooter still did, which is what the liberal wimps keep promoting.
<snip>

The VFDs I'm familiar with had no paid members.

The trucks rolled when people got there to drive them. They didn't wait for people to show up. The assembly point wasn't the firehouse, rather the fire.

That's horrible. I bet your insurance company isn't liking that.
On Dec 27, 2:44pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

It's part of country living just as knowing a cop is not "minutes away".
Harry K

He was saving lives and fighting the fire. A true American hero. Shot down like a dog by some bloody half wit, cowardly gun nut. Someone like you.

Please explain how one knows in advance that they will be shot by a sniper. That is the only way he would have had time to deploy his weapon.
Harry K
On 12/25/2012 10:31 AM, Harry K wrote:

It seems odd to me that this kind of thing seems more common during the reign of Commicrats in The White House. Perhaps it's just because they howl so much louder about it or am I just imagining things. Murders go on all the time but darn it, maybe there is some malaise that surfaces in our society only when Democrats are running things? A statistical analysis would be interesting if anyone has done one. O_o
TDD
On Dec 25, 4:47pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

Republicans go round looking for and publishing crap in order to depress people.