OT, Two boys seriously injured when bounce house is blown into the air by wind

Holy cow! Even those things you expect to be completely safe for children to romp around in, can be dangerous. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

At least this article didn't mislead. I saw this on NBC nightly news last night. While talking about it, they were saying how the kids fell 15 ft, but were showing a video of the thing a couple hundred feet up in the air. I had to play it back a few times, until I figured out that the kids must have fallen out long before what they were showing. It's still amazing. I wonder if there was any warning, ie pick-up in the wind leading up to this, where parents should have gotten the kids out, or if it just came up very quickly....

Reply to
trader_4

Heck, whenever I've put something down outside that I thought might blow away, I had weights that would counteract the lift of any wind short of a tornado. Ya know, those concrete traffic barriers that the highway dept uses with the lift points on top would be a great safety measure to tie to the inflatable bounce house. That would keep them from flying away. ^__^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Rod Bahlzenal posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

UP UP & AWAY in my beautiful balloon~~~~~~

Reply to
Tekkie®