OT: TSA vs us: Will Americans resist or wimp out?

Page 8 of 16

Dammit, it sure does. It takes to long to read! The Speaker told the press that the bill needed to be passed so we could see what was in it.
Would that effect you when critters passed laws behind wooden doors?

The American Constitution was written behind locked doors with armed guards and closed windows in the middle of summer by men wearing woolen clothes. Secret rulemaking is a sacred tradition!
-- Bobby G.

No she didn't. You should see the ass-whuppin' I just gave your Doofass friend on this same point.

Oh, where he linked the youtube clip of her saying just that? That ass-whuppin'?
On 11/22/2010 10:21 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Innie didn't understand the term "paraphrase". The poor thing. In his/her/its world, a paraphrase is a lie.
TDD

Actually it's almost exactly what she did say and it was a incredibly stupid thing to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU&feature=related

I makes me wonder how she got elected in the first place. She must have been thinking something else like: "We won't know exactly what's in the bill until it's passed." I donno. Still trying to figure that one out.
Jim
On 11/22/2010 1:41 PM, JimT wrote:

I don't know if Iarnrod is real or not, it's fun to troll as a whack job character every now and then to stir things up but if Iarny is real, he/she/it has some serious mental health issues. Back when I was a young Liberal Hippie Freak college student during the Vietnam War, the regular folk were referred to as The Silent Majority. They were the bus drivers, carpenters, factory workers, bakers and candlestick makers. The same sort of people who came together as The Tea Party because they found out the consequences of being silent and decided to do something about it. I think this has caused a psychotic breakdown amongst the Leftists who were arrogant enough to believe they had free reign and could do as they please. Many of them have gone completely bonkers like the tragic example of our poor little friend Iarny. We should treat him/her/it with compassion and understanding of what the poor soul is going through. Seeing one's world crumble before one has got to take a terrible toll on their psyche.
TDD

I don't want to pick on Iarnrod but I completely understand what you just wrote.
The worst thing the tea party is the people trying to give it it's voice and cash in on the votes like Sarah Palin. When the conservatives get together with a coherent message they can accomplish some good things but this "I'm damn mad and I'm not going to take it anymore!" thing the tea party has now isn't going to cut it.
We need answers not rhetoric. If you're going to criticize something make clear points. Don't just attack the hc bill without knowing anything about it. Don't make outrageous claims like Obama isn't born in the US. It just weakens your position.
Jim
On 11/22/2010 2:42 PM, JimT wrote:

I hope you are referring to other folks when you write "you're". I have never expressed any doubt about BeeHO being a native born citizen but I've seen videos of people from Kenya saying he was born there. I don't know who's lying so I'll have to assume Barry is American by birth. I have only read bits and pieces of the health care bill and when I see nonsense like the 1099 tax form clauses added to it I know it's nuts.
TDD

Sorry for the weird English and yeah I meant tea party in general.
Jim
On 11/22/2010 4:20 PM, JimT wrote:

I've tried to explain to several people that I'm not a Republican nor am I a member of The Tea Party. I do pay homage to The Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. 8-)
TDD

<heh>
I'm conservative and not represented by any particular party.
Jim
On 11/22/2010 5:02 PM, JimT wrote:

I've considered going all the way and becoming a devout Pastafarian.
http://www.venganza.org /
TDD

I'll join for the cute chicks.
Jim
On 11/22/2010 7:51 PM, JimT wrote:

Isn't that the reason most guys show up at Left Wing protests?
TDD

Whole Foods too. No bras.
Jim
On 11/22/2010 5:54 PM, The Daring Dufas wrote: (snip)

That's the one from the original Battlestar Galactica, right?
-- aem sends....
On 11/22/2010 8:27 PM, aemeijers wrote:

Well, I never saw anyone eating spaghetti on that show, heck, I never saw anybody go to the bathroom either. 8-)
TDD

The episodes where their uniforms turned white, after they flew into a 'flying spaghetti monster' looking space-ship. They were saved from doom by some hokey deus ex machina, and us viewers were supposed to think the people on the ship were quasi-gods of some sort.
--
aem sends...

On 11/22/2010 9:33 PM, aemeijers wrote:

I believe I recall the episode you're referring to but I seem to remember it as more of a crystalline structure rather than organic. I think all the episodes are on Hulu TV. If you go to the site, you can search for the episode.
TDD