OT: TSA vs us: Will Americans resist or wimp out?

Page 16 of 16
On 11/21/2010 3:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: (snip)

'We' being the operative word. If I had somebody to trade off driving with, and to talk to, I could do longer distances. By myself, I get bored real fast, and my butt/tailbone gets sore, since you can't move around much in driver's seat. The vagaries of age. Even as late as mid-30s, I thought nothing of 20-22 hour runs. 20 years later, not so much. A measly 5 hours down to my sister's place, and I'm tired.
--
aem sends...

I did a 24 hour solo run once, but only because I got hung up in traffic (asinine two-lane bridge on an Interstate got closed down) for the first five. As far as there being two drivers, she's good for a few hours *once* during the day. Even that helps a lot, but is offset by the attitude about hour twelve or thirteen. ;-)

There was a period of about 20 years when frequent travel, specifically air travel, was essential to how I made my living. There are lots of others for whom that is still true. All those who offer "don't travel" as an alternative to molestation don't understand. -- Doug
On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 18:34:15 -0600, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

She showed the doctor, before he made her count backwards from 10.
Simple. He cut in the proper place.