OT: TSA vs us: Will Americans resist or wimp out?

Page 14 of 16
On 11/22/2010 12:14 AM, JimT wrote:

If you're referring to G W Bush it probably has something to do with religion and it bugs me to no end that The Republican Party was taken over by religious wackos. The bizarre crap about the attorney general spending thousands to cover up nude statues and devoting the resources of DOJ to go after people for looking at naked pictures was asinine. I have a problem with those who would use the police powers of the state to force their version of morality on me. The extreme Right can be just as abhorrent as the extreme Left.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
<stuff snipped>

He was much wackier than that, anointing himself with cooking oil. But every President has picked at least one winner or another. Remember Earl "warm place to shit" Butz?
-- Bobby G.
Add pictures here
✖

At least in Indiana, in the mid-50 when I got mine, the ones with the footprints and fingerprints were ceremonial and were given to the parents for keepsakes as opposed to anything real. I found that out as a rookie arson investigator when we had a suspect and fingerprints at the scene, but nothing from the suspect and I suggested we go to the birth certificate.
✖
On Nov 25, 6:54 am, "Stormin Moron"

Translation: You still have nothing while I PWN you.
Hint: Next time you lie, don't post links that prove you're the liar!
<sips Victory Iced tea>

Jesus hates you.
He hates sinners like you.

Add pictures here
✖

As a cancer survivor, he has likely been advised by his doctors to avoid ANY radiation. He's already had plenty.
Add pictures here
✖

Which is another advantage the Israelis have over us in this area.
✖
On 11/22/2010 9:25 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Clearly someone doesn't understand that we don't have a king. We periodically hire people to represent us and manage common assets. One of those positions is the chief executive of the federal government. As our employee we have the right and duty to question his or her performance just like we have the same right and duty to question the performance of those we hire to represent us in the two other branches of the federal government and all of the state and local governments.
Add pictures here
✖

If talking about my comment, I would vehemently disagree. My comment was that the Israelis have managed to avoid the petty bickering and one-up manship that is substituting for political discourse in present day US. I want people to represent me, not work so hard at making points, most of which are pointless. The Israelis (so far, but I see some indication that this may be weakening somewhat) spend more time figuring out what went wrong and how to fix it, then who to blame. Blame is about 99% of the deal here, as can be seen by all the idiocy of who did or did not do what before 9/11 instead of how to guard against it. I think the Israelis also have an advantage in that they seem to have come to the conclusion that everything isn't 100% preventable. Which it isn't. Even with TSA getting personal, it is merely a matter of when, not it, something nasty will happen.
✖

Will the TSA make a woman remove a sanitary pad? Will the TSA take a big wiff of the pad?
Add pictures here
✖
<stuff snipped>

No, it's certainly true that the wealthy will invest that money to create jobs. But those jobs will be created in China. And India. And Vietnam. Etc.
-- Bobby G.
Add pictures here
✖

here relative to there. If you have been around long enough, you can subsititute Japan for China and be comfortably back in the 60s and 70s. Or Mexico for the 80s and early 90s. With the transportation systems in place, we are no longer fortress America where the sheer distances insulate us from the real world.
✖

Except that China is a much larger money sink.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:29:26 -0500, "Robert Green"

Bush brags about how his tax cuts created jobs. He's correct. During his 8 years, there were 1.1 Million new jobs created. Unfortunately for him, the previous 8 years under Clinton with NO tax cuts miraculously created 22.2 million jobs. That's not a slight difference. TWENTY TIMES more jobs were created by that rascal Clinton and his high taxes.
The very richest people under Clinton's high taxes STILL gained more wealth than they did under Bush and his tax giveaways.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

And unemployment under Bush fell to 4.5%. Classic economics defines "full employment" to anything under 6%, so it was kinda hard to creat jobs when everybody HAD a job.
Add pictures here
✖

How do you square that viewpoint with the first big bailout payment being made by George Bush's team?
The fact that both the R's and the D's wrote those enormous checks tells me that both sides were scared shitless that a meltdown was imminent. I tend to think they are right, but that it may be that we've just slowed down the tidal wave a little bit but there's plenty more water to spill over.
-- Bobby G.
Add pictures here
✖
<snip>

Oh, you might want to see just how your Messiah plans to "save capitalism".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k&feature=player_embedded

Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 23, 9:17 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Hey, fuzznuts, I *LUV* your new sig! Fits you like a glove!
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/23/2010 9:20 PM, Iarnrod wrote:

Get some professional psychiatric help real soon Iarny.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖

IKWYABWAI, again. Booooooorrrriiiiinnnngggg!!!
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 23, 10:59 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Happy to kick your stupid kooker ass again. It's not like we all missed the proven FACT that you lied.
Hint: http://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/pressreleases?id=1576
<sips Victory Iced Tea>
Add pictures here
✖