(OT) Trusting Banks

I certainly agree with a company as sleazy as Comcast. I let the phone company and power company use my credit card. I am as reluctant as you about bank account access.
On 3/23/2016 2:56 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:

That is why I don't use auto-pay. I do pay most bills on line, but I authorize every payment. Only takes a few minutes. I've always made mortgage and car payments on line but I'd often vary the amount extra that I'd pay ahead. Paying extra every month also allowed me to pay off the mortgage years earlier and save thousands in interest.

Earthlink did this same shit to me, with their internet service, years ago. I clearly cancelled my account both by email and written letter. They continued to bill me, even 3 months later, and after I had called, complained, emailed more and sent more letters. I went to my bank, someone from the bank called them, got the same run-around, and got nowhere. I finally told the bank to change my account number.
After that, I got threats mailed to me, and it was eventually sent to a collection agency. The collection agency DID listen to me, and the case was dropped. I filed a complaint with the BBB against Earthlink, and in the process found many more complaints against their company (Earthlink), and a few other names they use. They are a very sleazy company!
I refuse to allow anyone to do auto-pay since then.
On 3/23/16 4:27 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Yeah, back in the day, that's what you had to do.
At least in my state, you couldn't rescind an account-drafting authorization you gave to a vendor. You had to trust them to just quit drafting. I had the same situation and had to close a checking account. Happily, I can't even remember the vendor.
--
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the
sword, the other is by debt.

I used to have cell phone service with a major carrier (NOT Verizon) and canceled it (poor service). They cut off service right away. It took another 3 months to get the billing canceled (multiple phone calls, endless repetitions of the same info, etc...).
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

I simply inform-in my case-the credit union. They take care of the heavy lifting. Same way as disputing a CC charge. I do try to put as much as possible through the CC as I get a rebate.
--
Tekkie

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Ya well. it not like you earned it. It's an entitlement according to the libs... 8~)
--
Tekkie

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

somebody in Pakistan tried to use my card number.

fraud attempts. This happened several years ago when I was still mobile an d I remember using my card at a convenience store

him

count. I think I need the money more than a Paki! o_O

only time the federal government has ever helped me when I asked for help. I did have to get an attorney to assist me which cost thousands but I fina lly got some help. I'm helpless without it. o_O

Most workers don't have a choice. You get a job you pay into SS. Unless one is taking money under the table... locked in. I get mad when the system is slammed and the shouts of it has no money, etc. Well, the libs made it a Ponzi scheme before I was born. I was forced into it. They know they have t o front the money but refuse to address the issues. The critters worry about minor crap while the major crap has fermented into congresscrap. This natio n is the greatest in the world but not like it was in so many ways. I wonder if Pearl Harbor was bombed again the nation has the resiliency and fortitud e to recover... I will now shut up.
--
Tekkie

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

:

when somebody in Pakistan tried to use my card number.

ther fraud attempts. This happened several years ago when I was still mobil e and I remember using my card at a convenience store

let him

g account. I think I need the money more than a Paki! o_O

o the

the only time the federal government has ever helped me when I asked for h elp. I did have to get an attorney to assist me which cost thousands but I finally got some help. I'm helpless without it. o_O

one

is

ve to

out

ation

der

itude

bank account and there was 12 cents in it. My SSI check hadn't come through like it was supposed to. I called the Social Security office to ask WTF?! It turns out that they'd sent me a letter that I didn't get and when they d idn't hear back from me, they cut me off. I called right after the office o pened explained the situation and was assured I get a return call from a ca se worker. I waited until the afternoon to call back and was told that the wom an I supposed to speak with had left for the day. Now I must call them back on Monday morning or get someone to take me to their office which is not t hat far away from where I am. o_O

Your gov't inaction. What makes people think any gov't agency will serve them well? Obamauncare, SSA, VA, etc. The libs big gov't thrust is lost on me.
I would contact your federal representatives to cut through the fog.
--
Tekkie