(OT) Trailer / RV toilet water feed leaking

I've been asked to fix a water leak, in a trailer. There was water behind the toilet. I found that the white flexible water line comes in from the side of the toilet, curves around and ataches to the back of the toilet. The leaky fitting is about a foot or less from the floor. The tube comes from the side, and bends up to where it fits into the toilet.
I'm not sure how many PSI, but the trailer camp has a LOT of pressure. Open the faucet in the bathroom sink, and get a belly shower.
Some kind of a nut at the end of the tubing where it meets the toilet. Perhaps a compression fitting. i reached around and tightened the nut. Then towel up the water, and can't find any more leaking.
Two days later, get called back for the same toilet leaking around back.
What to do now? I've considered some teflon tape, and considered take that all apart and dope it up good with Rectorseal #5. What has worked, for you?
Thanks, in advance.
Permatex RTV
On Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 8:26:40 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Given the cost of the parts versus the cost of repeat trips, I'd put in a new toilet fill assembly and a new supply line. Probably looking at what, less than $15 in parts?
On 6/21/2015 8:54 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Fill assembly? What? This RV / camper toilet does not have a tank.
On Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 9:13:44 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

First time you've said RV/camper. Previously you said trailer, which could be a mobile home, even a double wide and I assume many of them typically have regular flush toilets. Given that it's not a regular flush toilet, I would think that they use a variety of different types, components, parts, etc. IDK how anyone here is going to know what it is that you actually have there at the leak.
On 06/21/2015 11:50 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Did you bother to read the subject line?
On Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 2:22:23 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

Yes, I read it, but once you're into reading the post the title is no longer visible. You expect me to remember every detail? In any case, I don't know that it matters. Without knowing what he has besides a leaking RV toilet water line, I doubt much help is going to be possible.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Found exactly where the leak is occuring? Teflon tape is commonly used on trailer fittings. Reusing compression fitting is not a good idea. And owner better get a water pressure regulator to protect his plumbing. I used to own 30 ft. fiver for camping when kids were young.

I got a leak this summer. Seems the valve assembly might be leaking. I have felt water at inlet connection, may be condensation. I may have to replace Marine toilet, but they are not very expensive. I still have to deal with obsolete grey plumbing. I have pressure own to 30 lbs. Unregulated, it's pretty high. I only turn water on when at camp. On fitting last summer on water heater fitting was leaking. Bad o ring, but that was a special one. Ended up using a shark bite adaptor.
Greg
On 6/22/2015 1:21 AM, gregz wrote:

I'm going back, and put on a regulator. Hope that helps. Leave it for a day or two, see if further attention is needed.
On 6/21/2015 11:33 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

CY: Behind the toilet. Hard to see back there, so unsure all the details.
Teflon tape is commonly used

CY: Good idea, thanks.
Reusing compression fitting is not a good idea.
CY: I'm sure you are right.
And

CY: Others have mentioned regulator. I'll do that.

CY: Neat!