(OT) Traffic Speed Detecting Signs

Page 4 of 4
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:08:30 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I always have a tough time with most metric stuff, but if I'm right, 100kph is roughly 62mph (62.137mph).
(Yea, I cheated, I used an old program called convert.exe which was made for Windows3.x, or was it Win95. One of the most useful pieces of software ever made. It converts darn near everything).
I'm glad they never changed the traffic signs in the US to metric. I'd probably always be so confused that I'd have to have a computer on the seat next to me at all times that I am driving.
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 03:09:05 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

It fires a rocket.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 03:09:05 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

trhen you can say you were just trying to find the answer to the question he could not answer - that way you both learn something - - -
On 08/10/2016 12:09 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

We got one of them things. Ours works on Ka band radar. They are great for checking your calibration on your speed-o-meter. I have called the town and asked where they have parked the thing to check on several occasions. It also light up my radar detector, which gives me the hint to check my cruise control.
My guess is the the display is set by a BCD (binary coded decimal) counter and that it would just roll over at 100 to 0.
On 08/11/2016 03:40 PM, T wrote:
[snip]

I would expect some kind of overflow indication, perhaps a flashing display. Maybe "00" which doesn't happen normally.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Why not fire an RPG at one and see what it says? (Too bad Mythbusters is no more.)