(OT) Traffic Speed Detecting Signs

True enough. My point was that the counter wouldn't have to roll over just because of the limits of the display.

You can display Pi on a calculator and only get so many decimal places, yet you can then subtract 3.14159 from it and retrieve six more decimal places in many cases. The limits of the display does not necessarily limit the underlying calculation (or, in this case, the count).

Only by looking at the circuit or code used could I determine if the thing actually counts modulo 100 (0 through 99 and 'rolling over' dropping anything over 100) or just not displaying the most significant digit.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Here's the code that should be used:

Dim driver_spd as Single Dim road_spikes as Boolean 'Speed Check If driver_spd > 99 Then road_spikes = True

Reply to
DerbyDad03

James Wilkinson posted for all of us...

A good copper. He didn't know you but his ahole detector was maxed out on you.

Reply to
Tekkie®

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Answers in-line...

Equipment violation, the rental co. should have taken care of it.

over the plate)

You got a break...

Another break, nice department. They are not all revenue generators.

Reply to
Tekkie®

that I didn't know

. (Brand new car,

You couldn't have missed the point by any farther of a distance.

Brand new car, less than 3000 miles on it.

Do you really think it had a noisy muffler?

Do you really think the rental company wouldn't have questioned a noisy muffler violation on a brand new vehicle that clearly did not have a noisy muffler?

Do you really think I was going go though the hassle of trying to get them to cover it instead of just mailing the check to the municipality?

Good grief.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

er that I didn't know

er. (Brand new car,

You were doing something so you were stopped. You were cut a break with the muffler.

Reply to
Tekkie®