OT - Towing One Trailer While Carrying Another

I saw this on I-90 heading into New England. The Triton Trailer website has a banner that says "Built For Adventure". Considering that the pickup was doing 70-75 MPH, I'd have to say that they practice what they preach.

DerbyDad03

WOW!I'm not sure what to think about that.....

Reply to
albosch

That's pretty tame. In Montana they would have welded a ball on the first trailer and towed the second.

I don't think I've ever personally seen it but I'm sure some good old boy figured he could hook the ATV trailer to the boat and have all the necessary toys for his adventure. The state just raised the speed on I90 to 80, so they'd better be able to keep up :)

Reply to
rbowman

In Manitoba too.

Reply to
clare

That's just a boat behind a fifth wheel, nothing out of the ordinary about that.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

What can I say? That was just a photo I found. There's a lot more creativity sometimes but the rigs don't get photographed unless they wind up on youtube after a spectacular fail :)

The tow vehicles can be interesting too. They aren't good for fifth wheels but those old Chryslers can haul an amazing collection of junk into the woods.

Reply to
rbowman

There's also the importance of a good hitch!

bob_villain

What I find most interesting about that picture is the bystanders. Some have their hands on their hips, others have their arms crossed, etc. Meanwhile, there's a driver supporting himself in the cab of the truck.

I know you can't really tell how the bystanders are feeling from the picture, but they all seem to be just a little too nonchalant considering that the driver's life is hanging by the hitch.

Only the guy in the hardhat seems to be doing anything about the situation. I somehow think that we should be seeing a little more "activity" from the others, even if it's just somebody running around like their hair is on fire.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I don't think there is enough Chlorox in the world to get your whites white after that excursion.

Reply to
rbowman

If I were in the driver's seat the only activity I'd want to see is a damn big wrecker with a good plan. I do have to wonder where the single hardhat appeared from.

Reply to
rbowman

I had the same "wonder" also.

His hat matches the yellow car on the left. Maybe he just a real cautious yet fashion conscious guy. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Some of the "multis" running the interstates and other main roads in the American west are bad enough. Saw one in Vegas that I wouldn't want to try to pass on a 2 lane.

Reply to
clare

There are RV manufacturing place ~150 miles South of here. They always bring trailers, truck campers, 5th wheels carried or towed like that always delivering to dealer lots in the city. I used to tow 30 foot fifth wheel and small fishing boat with outboard motor with single axle trailer with my Super cap towing special HD 3/4 ton. Not that difficult. Some times I miss the rig. Now I am stuck with fixed location, the all season cabin....

Reply to
Tony Hwang

IIUC they spell that word without an h, probably imo so they don't have to included chlorine in it. Did they ever spell it with an H?

Reply to
Micky