OT: Tough looking repair guys with nail polish

Ok I'm really behind the times when it comes to fashion and just got used to seeing guys warring ear rings, body piercing and jewelry. But what's up with tough looking contractors and auto mechanics warring finger and toe nail polish? What's next lips sticks and cross dressing - YUK!

Reply to
# Fred #

Never seen it. I have seen so-called EMO guys wearing black nail polish or it could have been done with a sharpie. I guess this is to display that they are depressed and did not get enought love from their mammy and or pappy.

# Fred # wrote:

Reply to
sonofabitchsky

Death to emo!

JoeSpareBedroom

Those are girly boys but the ones I've seen were 300 lb. Neanderthals with nail polish.

Reply to
# Fred #

i have seen it too, local paper had story awhile ago about guys wearing long nails, those fake tips.

i guess is what floats your boat, i find it wierd, plus with long nails it would be hard to do stuff.

I pushed a old girl friend to get tips, she had a tough time, and one weekend glued the fake ones on me, hard to even go to bathroom. i agreed they were a pain and helped her remove them.........

she was so happy

Reply to
hallerb

Because of her nails, my GF finds it tricky to push a coffee filter into place without puncturing it. Fingers are tools. I can't imagine disabling a tool intentionally.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Because of her nails, my GF finds it tricky to push a coffee filter into

well they are definetely sexy on ladies, at least for me. perhaps because they put up with them for males? just like high heels, which must kill their feet and inhibit the most basic ability to walk.

now guys with painted and even long nails? perhaps its the next revolution, like earrings on men?

i wouldnt want the hassle of repainting etc.

Reply to
hallerb

The original point of long nails was to prove that you didn't have to work. If fashion statements were practical, they'd be working-class.

Reply to
Goedjn

High heels have an effect beyond the feet. They cause the rear calf muscles to bunch up, which makes their legs more shapely.

(P.S. I never noticed any girls ankles or had considered them an aspect of good looks until I was in a doctor's waiting room with my mother, who had to see the doctor, and she pointed out a young woman who had trim ankles, which she said were nice. I've got to agree, although I still almost never notice them. (I was only 15 or 16 when this happened.

They all look like girls to me.

Goe might well be right about long nails. I've been told that when most people worked outside, having pale skin was good because it meant you don't. When most people worked inside, having a tan was good (high status) becasue it meant you had time to relax outside.

Reply to
mm