OT - To Stormin Mormon

Page 4 of 4
On 11-05-2013, 13:10, SteveB wrote:

No. Mormon doctrine (as explained to me, perhaps incorrectly) says that in the afterlife, those who weren't Mormons will have "the truth" explained to them. It will still be THEIR choice to accept it or not.
But if they accept, they still can't get in unless baptized by proxy. Right or wrong, those proxies are attempting to help those people.
And to the descendanst of those people protesting, I ask, WHY? If the Mormons are wrong, their well-intentioned actions are at least keeping them busy doing something other than proselytizing--while having absolutely no effect on your or your ancestors.
And if they are right, then your protest makes YOU the one deciding to keep you ancestors from the blessings.
Either way, they are also keeping records that will help any of your descendants interested in genealogy.
--
Wes Groleau

Don't get even — get odd!
On 11/5/2013 9:34 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:

Wes, that's well written. Pretty much what I'd have written, if I could write as well. The departed ancestors still have free choice. If we're right, we're doing them a favor. If we're wrong, they can just ignore it.
I've been doing temple work for several years. Can't say as anyone deceased has made his (her) presence known and said thank you. But, who can tell? Maybe I'll find out when I go to the Great Beyond, and they can thank me there. Unless I've managed to baptize 72 Virginians.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/6/2013 5:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You overrate yourself, son. All of us are sinners and fall short of the glory of God. You will not be anything special in the afterlife. You will be judged for your sins and beliefs. You will be either right or wrong.
What if we all get up there and find out that the religion that worships cows is the only true and correct one, and we get an extra 10,000 years in the burner for each cheeseburger we ate?
Ya makes ya bets, ya takes ya chances. We all hope we are right. I just don't believe anything that changes every week, or goes against itself for politics.
Steve
On 11/6/2013 12:07 PM, SteveB wrote:

I'm operating on a testimony through the Spirit. Not sure what you're on.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/06/2013 10:26 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hi Stormin'
Wait. Hold everything. You're ALIVE???? What happens to me if I pass before you and don't get your VHS player? H-a-v-e you been f-u-n-n-i-n' us?
I have a lot of very nice Mormon relativities on my father's side of the family. Me personally, I would rather have people, even with a non-Christian Jesus, who follow the teachings of the Christian Jesus, than professing Christians who don't follow a damn thing Jesus teaches.
You may not know the Christian Jesus (I think you actually do), but what is most important is that he know you. And, that is how we treat others -- you do a good job of it. Put a lot of us "Christians" to shame.
The Lord better take you home first. I NEED THAT VHS PLAYER!
Many years Stormin'
-T
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On 11/6/2013 3:26 PM, Todd wrote:

Nice thing about being dead, the Spirit is so, so much stronger. Thought you knew that? Oh, wait, you're still alive.
Having met some Bible only church goers, I wonder some times if they know the real Jesus. Like to think I know some about the real Jesus, and that I do my best to be his disciple. There is so much more I can know, do, be.
Did you imply that the Mormon Jesus isn't Christian? If you mean Christian as in follows Catholics, or Nicean Creed, I agree. If you mean the Mormon Jesus doesn't follow only the Bible, I'm agreeing with you.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/06/2013 12:37 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I will just write you directly. Might be a few days.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On 11/7/2013 12:56 PM, Todd wrote:

Thanks. I am really bad about remembering to check my hotmail. I'll do that now that I know someone real is writing. I don't thrive on spam ads.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/6/2013 3:26 PM, Todd wrote:

I'm open to discussing my personal beliefs. But, it ought to be on alt religion Mormon or some other list where we won't upset others too badly.
--
.
Christopher A. Young