OT Tire pressure sensors

And, it should be obvious I'm not reporting on the overall treadwear difference front/rear but the irregular wear on individual tires. I've no interest in making all four wear out at once particularly; just get the full longevity of each. I see no preferential outer wear on fronts on the GM vehicles w/o rotation.

Reply to
dpb

Ashton Crusher wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Over ONE incident. ONE is all it takes, these days. Never mind how many millions of other identical actions occurred that year with no problems, it's that ONE which counts.

Activists want the perfect world, and are quite willing to sacrifice you to achieve it.

And just like the "stuck gas pedal" Toyota thing, which didn't even result in ONE single crash or death.

But hey, that's government by activism, for you.

Reply to
Tegger

Ashton Crusher wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It was ONE incident. I'm quite certain that there were many more other Firestone-equipped Explorers on the road that day in Texas, and all those other ones made it to where they were going without driving straight into the news..

Ford /did/ specify a lower pressure than Firestone recommended but, it appears only ONE Explorer suffered for it.

If it were up to me, I'd prohibit any government worker from having the power to mandate anything.

Reply to
Tegger

Then why pay them at all?

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I wouldn't. I'd lay them off and make them get jobs that are more beneficial to the public at large, like sweeping floors or serving burgers.

Reply to
Tegger

One of the things brought out in the lawsuits was the warranty claim history for the tires and aside from whether a blowout might have caused an accident (blowouts almost never do) the warranty history clearly showed a VERY VERY LARGE difference in tire warranty claims between the Firestone tires and the Goodyear tires. We had load range E Firestones on one of our work vans and TWO of the four tires blew out within 15,000 miles. These tires were scrupulously checked, virtually daily, for tire pressure and were never run low and were way over rated in terms of load capacity yet 50% of them failed. Yeah, it's anecdotal but this has been a recurring story of Firestone tires. Same thing happened on their original 500 series radials as well as their 721 series radials.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

We see the same thing in the anti-gun hysteria. The media has people so whipped into a frenzy it's beyond belief. I've talked to people who will refuse to attend a meeting if guns are going to be TALKED about and others who refuse to attend meetings if the organizers don't institute a ban on guns. These same people are more likely to be struck by lightening but they don't hide under their bed every time it rains. American has turned into a nation of fools lead by fools and it's heading down the crapper. People like to think we have some long long history of "being right" in everything American but in terms of world history the USA spans barely more then 2 centuries and it's not hard to imagine there won't be much left of it by the time of its 300 year birthday. Things could change but I'm not optimistic.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

+1, though I don't think they're capable of either.
Reply to
krw

Good! Make a CCW permit a requirement for voting. It's a good ID, after all.

The economy will crash and they'll die off. ...too stupid to live.

Reply to
krw