OT Times Square

Page 2 of 2

Too bad, not real. Excellent photo and billboard mockup. Believable. Enjoyed thread immensely.
Kudos to your friend's very witty 'joke'. Excellent taste in 'positive' humour.
How to get a sample video, or mp3,4 of Bibi's music?
On 12/15/2013 08:52 AM, RobertMacy wrote:

Yep...Me and most of my friend enjoyed the trick immensely.
I posted some links the other day but did not check them first. Unfortunately the ones I did post were hardly worth re-posting.
Here is one ...but it does not at all capture how good they really are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RHM3nrNzQo

--- ---
On 12-14-2013, 10:03, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Almost everyone in the pic is indeterminate. But the three people on the billboard, and four on the ground appear to be westerners. The baldie in the lower right corner looks just like me.
I don't think it is anywhere in China because there is not one Chinese character recognizable anywhere. Even more telling, not a single bicycle.
It doesn't look like any place I've been in Hong Kong, either in person for by Google Street View. Too clean and not gaudy enough.
--
Wes Groleau

There ain't no right wing,
On 12/13/13 8:57 PM, philo wrote:

The top two on the left might be appropriate: http://preview.tinyurl.com/ktkkk6y

On 12/13/2013 09:21 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Good old Mohammad Ali
he sure had a big mouth but he really was "the Greatest"
Congratulations Philo. It's not very many photographs that get that kind of exposure.
I also couldn't help noticing that no one in that picture was looking at your photo. I guess there is so much advertising trying to get our attention in every way possible that people intentionally ignore it. It's not that they don't appreciate it's beauty or originality or ingenuity, it's just that most people have an instinctive sense of fairness. They feel it's unfair to express interest in a product to an advertiser unless they are truly interested in buying that product. Also, they feel that if advertisers are going to bombard them with advertising, they feel they have a right to hunker down and simply ignore it as much as possible.
Nice photo, tho. One Hot Mama.
--
nestork

On 12/13/2013 10:18 PM, nestork wrote:

Yes, I noticed too that no one was looking at it and though it absolutely was in NY I very well might have over-bragged in thinking it was NY.
BTW: Two years ago I saw a bill board in Times Square that was a block long. I still see the image vividly...but guess what...even though I know it was for some communications company...I have no idea which one it was.
On 12/13/2013 8:57 PM, philo wrote:

Man! That is so cool! Cute girl. ^_^
TDD

Thanks
If you ever get a chance to see Harvey Scales and his whole entourage including Bibi Adell...they are sure worth seeing!
To repeat, it was NY but I am now not so sure it was actually Tiems Square.
Even though I know she was performing in NY I am now embarrassed to admit she was playing a joke on all her Facebook friends.
sheesh how embarrassing for me...but still it was fun
sorry about that aargh
On 12/14/13 3:42 AM, philo wrote:

Well, at least you weren't tricked by Bernie Madoff.
On 12/14/2013 03:08 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

LOL
Yep at least I lost no money!

Times Square in Hong Kong?
I have never heard of Harvey Scales and Bibi Adel.
On 12/14/2013 06:57 AM, VinnyB wrote:

I fell for a hoax that she perpetrated on Facebook sorry.
At least I now know what Hong King looks like.
The only thing that was true was that they did perform in NY...they perform all over the country and are better than some musicians that really were up on big bill boards so I was easily duped.
Re OT Times Square:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Scales
I guess she had no idea anyone would have thought it was for real...so she just posted the photos with no comments.
Her page started filling up with congratulations and that's the point where I saw it.
What I did not know was that she simply went off-line after she posted and just went back on a few minutes ago.
She was really confused when she woke up and saw the big commotion!
In a way, I guess it would be like me posting a photo of myself with a big pile of money next to me and saying I just won the lottery. I'd assume everyone would know it was a joke.
On 12/14/2013 3:31 PM, philo wrote:

Hey, enjoy the moment and have a good laugh. Make youself a copy and make no comments and get a couple of more laughs.