OT: 'They should have de-escalated'

Page 2 of 8  


I agree they are trained to enforce the laws. What I don't agree with is they are (or should be) held to a higher standard. They are human beings doing a job that at times puts their life at risk. That must be considered during any investigation.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/31/2016 11:53 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

OK ...

Well, they are human beings who have been highly trained to respond to a multitude of encounters and are very aware of the risks when they graduate from the academy.
I do believe when someone is highly trained they should be held accountable to the standard for which they were trained. In the case of LE, their accountability increases with the level of knowledge they obtain.
Those people who have no training can't be held accountable for what they've never been taught. OTOH, those who ARE trained should be held accountable for what THEY are taught.
It's a reasonable conclusion that LE will be held to a higher standard of accountability since they've achieved a higher standard of education.
Don't you agree?
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 1:13:12 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

And what evidence do you have that the cop did not follow his training and dept guidelines? NONE

Do you need a PHD to know that it's a crime to not pull over when a cop is trying to stop you? I think everyone else here figures that's common sense and if you're too dumb to understand that, you shouldn't be driving. Plus this perp had special training, his several other encounters with police that resulted in resisting, interfering, etc.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Because I'm not a lawyer or a cop I had never heard of the existence of the "color of law." It refers to the depravation of rights under color of law. The dead guy's had his right to life revoked, but what we don't know is how or what he was doing to cause the cop to do what he did.
A hypothetical example I read sited arresting someone because their opinion was not the same as yours. That is obviously wrong to do. However, if the cop in this instance felt his life was in danger he has every right to use force to end that threat, right?

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Well done!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Muggles used his keyboard to write :

Maybe.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/30/2016 12:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

- I'm a REAL conservative. - I don't back off my viewpoint just because they tell me to. - They're irritated that I disagree with them. - I counter their arguments and they can't counter mine. - They want me to just 'shut up' because they don't like my viewpoint.
Take your pick. <shrugs> Maybe my viewpoint scares them? Beats me.

Yeah. Democrats want everyone else to shut up so they can tell you what opinion you should be supporting.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/30/2016 7:18 PM, Muggles wrote:

Above is the perfect rant of a delusional person. One can't help but laugh then shake the head with astonishment that people like her have similar mindsets.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 7:55:46 PM UTC-4, SBH wrote:

She sounds remarkably similar to Black Lies Matter, doesn't she? I wonder how many of them claim they are conservatives?
Have you seen this, tweeted by one of Trump's black minister pals:
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/555/1 *BwTH-4we2GsI8Ml3iWR-fQ.jpeg
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/30/2016 6:55 PM, Meanie wrote:

It appears if I disagree with you, that automatically means you get to label me as both delusional and an idiot.
OTOH, you're the one who has to resort to the least of fallacies in an effort to draw attention away from your lack of ability to argue your own viewpoint.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 8:15:32 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

You;re confused again. SBH labeled you as delusional. I ownn the trademark to labeling you the village idiot. Meanie, who you seem to be replying to, maybe they have a label for you too?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Muggles wrote:

Bullshit . You have drawn conclusions from incomplete data and refuse to accept that anyone else can have an opinion that differs from yours . I regret ever jumping into this thread . . -- Snag
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/30/2016 8:38 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I've drawn my conclusions based on the law, what constitutes legal lethal force in NC, and real facts.
In NC, that particular scenario lethal force is not legal.
Look it up for yourself.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
trader_4 explained :

I thought about this when I first heard whining about black kids getting "The Talk" about how to deal with cops. It seemed to me that it was something *everybody* got already if they had any parental guidance at all.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Oren presented the following explanation :

I wasn't referring to any particular current case, only replying to her assertion that it is okay to resist arrest.
==================================================================Your Right of Defense Against Unlawful Arrest. “Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. ================================================================== It's not a good idea, in general, to resist arrest just because some law says that you can legally.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/30/16 3:17 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Especially since the legality of the arrest won't be established until after the trial.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 15:58:54 -0400, "Kurt V. Ullman"

The was no arrest. There was only a traffic stop.
The man was shot and died before any arrest had taken place.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 2:09:13 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Still lying I see. You left out the part about the felony eluding smash em, crash em, 100+ mph chase. That's a whole lot more than a "traffic stop". It would have been a traffic stop if the perp had not turned into a felony chase, created the toxic, volative, dangerous situation that the cops had to confront.

You got us there, it's hard to arrest a dead man.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/31/2016 1:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Details matter. Kurt commented on the "legality of the arrest". There was NO arrest - only a traffic stop. The man died before any arrest happened.
How is that lying?
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
It happens that Muggles formulated :

Cardiac arrest?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.