OT: 'They should have de-escalated'

Page 1 of 8
Witnesses said Daniel – who was unarmed – was shot ‘almost immediately’ after he exited his vehicle, WCNC reports.
They also say he appeared to be trying to communicate with the trooper using sign language.
However, Saunders has said he shot him because he was advancing and not following commands, WCCB reports.
But Daniel's immediate family, who are also hearing impaired, think he was 'just afraid' and not understanding the situation.
Jay Harris, who spoke to the local station through a sign language interpreter, believes *his brother was not aware* that troopers were trying to pull him over.
'He was unarmed - and he is a deaf individual, and I think that he was just afraid,' he said.
'You’re pulling someone over who is deaf, they are handicapped. To me, what happened is totally unacceptable,’ neighbor Mark Barringer told the local station.
*They should have de-escalated and been trained* to realize that this is an entirely different situation.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3758394/Brother-deaf-man-shot-dead-state-trooper-tried-use-sign-language-says-afraid-police-misunderstandings.html
--
Maggie

I thought someone couldn't even get a drivers license if they can't hear sirens of emergency vehicles.
On 08/30/2016 01:49 AM, Muggles wrote:

Well duh! That makes a pretty good case for staying in your car with your hands on the wheel.
Why do you have such a tough time with that concept? Are you mentally impaired too?
On 8/30/2016 4:30 AM, jack goff wrote:

Unfortunately, stupidity and idiocy have yet to be confirmed as a mental disorders. Otherwise, all liberals would fit within that category.
Muggles used his keyboard to write :

More opinions and speculation. As long as we're doing that (again) how about this:
"Daniel, who has a three-year-old son, had arrests in several states on minor charges, including three for resisting police officers.
But those charges in 2010 in Florida and 2008 in Denver were dropped. He pleaded guilty to interfering with or resisting police in Watertown, Connecticut, in 2010. Details of the arrests were not available."
Maybe he had such great sucess in the past playing the "I'm deaf and didn't know any better, have pity on me" card that he thought it would work every time, only *this* time the cop was black and saw a scary white guy coming at him.
I'm sure others here can come up with even better speculation than that, but maybe it would be better to wait for facts to emerge from the official investigation.
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 8:11:18 AM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:

ngs.html

Good find. It fits in with what the brother said, that he didn't like police. Of course, Muggles will still say he bears no responsibility, that a perp can do this as much as he likes, and if finally the toxic mess they've created leads to their demise, it's all the cop's fault.

How about this:
http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/nchp-trooper-involved-in-deadly-shooting/301 939728
"Investigators say Trooper Jermaine Saunders attempted to pull over a Volvo on 485 for speeding. However, they say the driver, Daniel Kevin Harris, di d not stop.
The chase continued off 485, to Rocky River Road exit, eventually ending at Seven Oaks Drive with both vehicles damaged.
"I was here in my driveway and I saw the highway patrol car come through an d it was smoking really bad," said Mark Barringer. "About 10 seconds later, I heard one gunshot."
Note that at least this specifically identifies who said it and the exact quote. This is the first thing I've seen that talks about the nature of the chase. And I think all the reasonable folks here will agree it doesn't sound like a simple, low speed drive home. If it's true that both cars were damaged, then you have what I said was very possible, felony eluding and possibly more felony charges, before the final encounter began.
trader_4 wrote :

I had seen the part about the cop car smoking but there could be lots of reasons for that. I guess that it still remains to be seen exactly what happened. I suspect you are correct though.
As for Muggles' claim about citizens having the right to resist arrest even to the point of using deadly force against a cop, I posted the court case synopsis (official opinion) and the cop in that case was beating the defendant with a club without having stated the intent to arrest him. Yes, under circumstances like that you still have the right to defend yourself. Now she seems to think that resisting arrest is okay and a good thing to do. This sort of "thinking" is typical of her.
I hope she read the article I posted, it could save her life someday when she considers resisting arrest when pulled over for a minor infraction like being on a cellphone while driving.
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 9:44:28 AM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:

dings.html

It doesn't just say that the cop car was smoking, it says one witness said that and it also says in the story that both vehicles were damaged.

+1
It looks like it's time for training starting in school about how to properly engage with cops, what to do and what not to do, and the possible consequences of what can happen in a toxic, volatile chaotic situation that you create. They should make it part of driver testing and education too. I didn't need it, but apparently some people do. And sadly in all these police shootings, you never see a discussion about the need to act responsibly when engaging with police either.
trader_4 wrote:

Speculation , nothing but wildass speculation . No basis *YET* in facts as so far presented .

Why are you putting words in her mouth ? I just re-read her initial post , I didn't see any bias one way or the other . She quoted the Barringer dude , perhap you misunderstood ... but then that wouldn't fit your critical narrative .

Once again I have to call you on that statement , Muggles never said any such thing - unless I missed a post , which I seriously doubt as it isn't quoted in the attributes above . Just her initial post then you and the rafters dude speculating and slamming her for things she didn't say .

Just what the fuck do you have against Muggles ? Are you buying in to the dude (who is not a regular here) that was slamming her the other day ? Perhaps you need remedial reading classes focusing on reading comprehension ... or perhaps cutting down on the RINO koolaid . (similar to but not quite as virulent as the Democrap koolaid)
--
Snag

On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 1:47:28 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:

I think the problem here is that you didn't follow the other long thread, "Deaf Mute Father Shot Dead by Police" and what Muggles has posted there. This new thread that she just started isn't where it began and if you read that other thread, what I posted here will make sense in context. Unless you believe from what little we know that the cop is 100% wrong, 100% to blame and the perp bears no responsibility for his actions, for creating the toxic, volatile, chaotic scene, by not pulling over and instead leading the police on a chase. And we also don't know what really happened at the end, after the perp got out of the car.

There are dozens of posts you missed in that other thread. And part of what I posted above is based on what she said about another incident, months ago, where police in Austin wounded up arresting two people for resisting arrest. That started with 3 people jaywalking. The cops came over to talk to them, asked for ID and were met with obscenities. There is cell phone video that shows two of the perps struggling with police, clearly resisting arrest. And in that video, the third person, a girl, is still up in the cops grills, giving them lip, as they still politely tell her to move away, stop interfering, etc. This is another incident that would have ended with a warning or at most a ticket for jaywalking. Muggles claims those perps were arrested for "jaywalking" and the cops are all wrong. Same thing in this case, look at the other thread, she has said that the cop executed the deaf guy for speeding. She says that after so many have said we don't even know much about what actually happened, the news is really lacking.

Besides that she's a village idiot? Go look at that other thread, it's not just me that can't stand her.
Are you buying in to the

Perhaps you should go read that other thread and then see what you think. Unless you agree that the cop executed the deaf guy for speeding, of course.
And please, don't drag the Rino nonsense in here, not when you're supporting Trump, who is the biggest Rino and fake conservative there ever was.
Terry Coombs expressed precisely :
[...]
Emphasis added to show even more clearly for Terry Coombs

Yes, speculation, and clearly marked as such. Just fighting fire with fire so to speak.
It is best to wait for facts to emerge.
On 8/30/2016 1:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Yes, no one has the facts yet, just pure speculation, though some have drawn conclusions.

Are you serious? Have you followed any of this crime in the other threads? Muggles (and a couple of others) has concluded the cop is just wrong and nothing can convince her of waiting for facts. This has been going on for days.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yup , I was wrong and I apologize . I kinda vaguely knew there was another thread , but I wasn't reading it . I wanna see the cop's bodycam video ...
--
Snag

You are now on double secret probation! Don't do that again or even worse could happen.
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 4:07:51 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:

Cool, like I said in my response, I figured you had not seen all the other posts.
On 8/30/2016 6:18 PM, trader_4 wrote:

The cop was wrong to use deadly force.
--
Maggie

That is your opinion. Until all of the facts are known you will have only an opinion. Nothing more.
However, if I thought my life was in danger I would do everything in my power to eliminate that danger. Period.
On 8/30/2016 7:03 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

It's ALWAYS been "my" opinion. Why "my" opinion bothers anyone, is just odd.

Many people would do exactly that and worry about what the law says about it later. LE is trained to enforce the "laws" enacted by the jurisdiction they serve, so, they are held to a much higher standard.
--
Maggie

Again, your opinion.
On 8/30/2016 11:23 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

You don't agree that LE is trained to enforce the laws, or they should be held to a higher standard?
--
Maggie