OT: There are more gun shops in the US than Starbucks, McDonald's and supermarkets put together

Page 10 of 13
On 06/19/2016 12:32 AM, Bod wrote:

What? You've let your archery decline?
On 19/06/2016 18:49, rbowman wrote:

> Lol.

Oh brilliant, so someone comes at you with their fists and you kill them. And you say you're civilised?

Which are a lot more civilised than the other two. You'll be telling me nuclear weapons are civilised next, because they're the next logical step.
--
Artificial intelligence is always better than real stupidity.

On 6/19/2016 2:01 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Seriously? Knives and clubs do the same job but in a slower manner? A gun puts one out of their misery fast while you prefer to bludgeon them or watch them bleed out and you call yourself civilized. I suppose all you soccer fans beating each other up during games is civilized also. You're a self-righteous hypocrite.

If someone attacks you with a blunt instrument, you may well survive, have a hospital visit, and get the bad guy arrested. But if they shoot you, you're dead and he gets away with it. Nobody should be able to kill someone that easily. If you don't see the shooter, you have zero chance of self defence.
--
Legalise drugs now and stop the crime
http://www.legalisedrugs.co.uk/
On 06/19/2016 04:35 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

If you don't see the blade. you have zero chance of self defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QE0jd4MuPU

I pull the trigger, you're dead, from a distance. I stab you, probably not. You have a few seconds to swipe it to one side, dodge me, punch me etc. (remember I'm closer to you).
--
Drive defensively. Buy a tank.

On 06/21/2016 05:37 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Oh crimeny! The concealed weapon permit classes go into this. An ass hole with a knife who knows how to use it is extremely dangerous, more so than someone with a gun.
Knives are not insurrection weapons, so who cares
On 06/21/2016 06:37 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

You are obviously not a member of the New York City Police Department. About the only thing they make dead from a distance is some unfortunate squirrel who was gathering nuts in the vicinity of the perp.
Also, you've been watching too much telly. There have been numerous trigger pullers that have only managed to really piss off their intended target.

I didn't say that. All I said was that I'd rather have the *option* of having a gun. Apparently I needed to spell out for you the last, implied part: "if I need it".
Please don't attribute to me things that I never wrote.

Umm, no, the "next logical step" in personal self-defense is firearms. Will you please stop putting words in my mouth?
Look, it's fine with me if you don't want the ability to defend yourself and your family with the most effective means possible. I think you're being foolhardy, but it's your decision, and I would not attempt to make it for you. Do me the same courtesy, of not trying to make my decisions.

Someone punching you does not necessarily want to eat your insides.

Huh?
--
Experience is what you got by not having it when you need it.

On 6/18/2016 1:14 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Then stay the fuck over there and don't worry about us lot. Problem solved, you self righteous wanker.
On 18/06/2016 21:00, Meanie wrote:

> You tell him, Meanie! Lol.

Nothing to stop us laughing at your pathetic country.
--
Please keep your hands off the secretary's reproducing equipment.

than-starbucks-mcdonalds-and-supermarkets-put-together--W1NPIvYg84b? utm_source=indy&utm_medium=top5&utm_campaign=i100

Poor James. You're *still* smarting because a bunch of farmers defeated the most powerful military on the planet two hundred thirty some years ago. The United States is an independent nation. You Brits don't get to tell us what to do anymore. Stop whining and get over it.

he should be thanking us that he's not speaking German now,too
On 06/19/2016 07:14 PM, ChairMan wrote:

It would have been a distinct improvement. There would be a working EU.
On 20/06/2016 03:21, rbowman wrote:

> The EU is/was a stupid idea. Anyway, the UK is doing far better than most of the other EU countries. The UK is the fifth richest country in the world and has always punched above its weight. We have to keep bailing out lame countries like Greece etc.
On 06/20/2016 01:45 AM, Bod wrote:

Depends on who you ask:
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-23-richest-countries-in-the-world-2015-7
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita
On 20/06/2016 14:46, rbowman wrote:

Yes I've seen alternative estimates, but it's generally accepted that we are 5th. Also: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/11884783/Rule-Britannia-London-overtakes-New-York-as-the-worlds-best-financial-centre.html