OT: There are more gun shops in the US than Starbucks, McDonald's and supermarkets put together

Thank you for inadvertently making our point for us. Yes, of course criminals break laws -- that, by definition, is what makes them criminals -- and that is exactly the reason that gun control laws will do nothing to reduce crime: the criminals ignore them.

They make it harder to get guns. So less criminals will have them. Less guns about, less chance of getting one when you shouldn't. Lets say I have the desire to shoot somebody. In the UK, I'd have difficulty getting a gun. In the USA, I just need to steal one from almost any of the population.
--
Never dive into deep concrete.

Absolute nonsense. Making it harder to get guns *legally* has no effect at all on those who get their guns *illegally*.

Just like making drugs illegal has made it so difficult for junkies to get drugs.
The most violent, bloothirsty, psychopathic criminals that have weapons are in the government. If you're serious about getting rid of guns you need to find a way to get them out of the hands of government.
On 6/18/2016 5:58 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

ROFLMFAO! The sad part is you actually believe that.
On 6/18/2016 8:41 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Your complete ignorance clearly displays within this topic. Just as with most anti gun fools, they speak from an emotional standpoint and ignore the facts and data.

Me and Bod have both given statistics. I've not seen anything from you.
--
Smith & Wesson -- the original point and click interface.

On 6/18/2016 11:09 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

43.3% of stats are meaningless. I provided a source way above. Even I'll admit there are many sources and most which are bias. Your bias or unbiased source can conflict with mine. One thing is certain, regardless of accurate numbers, the violent crime rate increased after UK's ban.

I'd rather someone attacked me with a fist/knife/hammer than a gun.
Muslims - explosives Americans - guns British - neither
You lot are only halfway to civilised.
--
What's the difference between a naked white woman and a naked black woman?
One's on the cover of Playboy and the other's on the cover of National Geographic.

Actually getting someone to suck you off would help with swelling.

Shooting others is a good way to increase the chances of getting shot yourself, often by your own gun.
--
People who wonder whether the glass is half empty or half full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

On 6/18/2016 2:46 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Yes because we're all just a bunch of redneck hicks who buy a gun without learning how to use it properly. Stop believing the media. That's your biggest problem.
On 18/06/2016 21:02, Meanie wrote:

> > Biden says most shootings happen with victim's own gun | PolitiFact www.politifact.com/truth-o.../biden-says-most-shootings-happen-victims-own-gun/ 16 Apr 2012 - "The bulk of the people who are shot with a weapon — other than these drug ... "The large majority of firearm suicides use their own (or the family gun), ... and he's got a point: guns most often injure people in the gun owner's ... ____________________________________________________________________ Having a Gun in the House Doesn't Make a Woman Safer - The Atlantic www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/02/having-a-gun-in-the.../284022/ 23 Feb 2014 - Firearms have been touted as a great equalizer between the sexes. ... self-defense matters most, women tend to find their own weapons turned against them. ... Too many times, their male counterpart or spouse will be able to ... “More than twice as many women are killed with a gun used by their husbands ...

This is because some 62% of the fatal shootings in the US are suicides.
On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 12:15:59 -0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

The ironic thing is Japan has virtually no guns, yet they have a much higher suicide rate than the US so I guess, where there is a will there is a way.
Doug Miller wrote:

You forgot the part that Biden is an idiot, party hack and will say anything bammy tells him to say

Most policemen killed by gun, shoot themselves too.
On 06/19/2016 12:54 AM, Bod wrote:

Suicides will find some other way. I understand since coal gas was replaced with natural gas in the UK people like Plath have found alternate exit strategies.
"Razors pain you, Rivers are damp, Acids stain you, And drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful, Nooses give, Gas smells awful. You might as well live.”
Dorothy Parker

That's not the point. Regardless of what I may be attacked with, I'd much rather be able to *defend* myself with a gun than be forced to rely on "fist/knife/hammer".

No, of course not, you use knives and clubs.

We're using modern weapons, you're using Stone Age technology -- who's uncivilized?
On 6/18/2016 2:56 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Impossible, they are a highly civilized nation. (sarcasm off)
On 18/06/2016 19:56, Doug Miller wrote:

Pah! I'll have you know that we have very strong catapults and pea shooters!