OT: There are more gun shops in the US than Starbucks, McDonald's and supermarkets put together

Page 6 of 13
On 6/18/2016 11:46 AM, Bod wrote:

All sources around here are neutral also. (rolls eyes).
On 18/06/2016 17:47, Meanie wrote:

> What sources are you on about then? because you haven't supplied any.
On 6/18/2016 12:56 PM, Bod wrote:

You mean amid all these replies you didn't see it? (More eye rolling) I provided two many replies ago. You obviously missed them.
On 18/06/2016 20:58, Meanie wrote:

> I must've missed them then.
On 6/18/2016 11:06 AM, Bod wrote:

You were supposed to say that she helps bring in tourist's dollars but like other libs tell us that something only costs a few cents/day whatever.
On 18/06/2016 16:59, Frank wrote:

> Indeed, I thought saying that would be too obvious. Our royalty/ castles and history etc is definitely a big attraction for tourists.
On 06/18/2016 08:59 AM, Meanie wrote:

It's a good investment in support of tourism.
On 6/18/2016 8:41 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

You overall violent crime rate is higher than the US. It climbed slowly after your gun ban in 1997 and is still higher today even prior to the ban. Get your head out of your ass.

Guns are more than violent, they're deadly. It's a lot easier for me to kill you with a gun than a knife.
--
Q: What's the difference between an Irish funeral and an Irish wedding?
A: One less drunk.
On 6/18/2016 11:03 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

So what's your point? You still have a soaring violent crime rate above the US.
On 18/06/2016 16:26, Meanie wrote:

> Only because the USA doesn't record all violent crime, only the serious ones. We include even petty assaults, the USA does not.
On 6/18/2016 11:51 AM, Bod wrote:

(rolls eyes) Obviously you'll stop at nothing to try and prove your point.
On 18/06/2016 17:55, Meanie wrote:

> Erm! I sent you the cite.
On 6/18/2016 12:58 PM, Bod wrote:

Oh, another reputable site, nonetheless. (even more eye rolling)
On 06/18/2016 09:51 AM, Bod wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Crime_Reports
On 18/06/2016 19:55, rbowman wrote:

Hmm!
One violent crime every 22.7 secs One forcible rape every 5.6 mins One robbery every 1.3 mins One Aggravated assault every 36.5 secs One burglary every 14.6 secs One larceny offence every 4.7 secs One motor vehicle theft every 25.5 secs
No wonder you need guns :-)
On 06/19/2016 12:30 AM, Bod wrote:

Again, if you mapped the crimes you would have hot spots over some of the major US cities. I think you would be a little more apprehensive in the bad parts of Glasgow than sightseeing in the Cotswolds. Other than recreational shooting, I only carry firearms when the possible threats include mountain lions, bears, and the odd wolf or two. Even then I've had no encounters that escalated. While you occasionally see someone in town with a firearm it's very uncommon.

On 18/06/2016 15:58, Meanie wrote:

> That was a ban on hand guns. Even before that ban it was extremely difficult to obtain a handgun licence and nowhere in the UK would you have been allowed to carry a gun of any sort before that ban and certainly not to own a hand gun for self defence.
On 6/18/2016 11:04 AM, Bod wrote:

Irrelevant....your violent crime rate is still soaring above the US. Safe my ass!