OT: There are more gun shops in the US than Starbucks, McDonald's and supermarkets put together

Page 3 of 13
On 19/06/2016 00:44, FS wrote:

Ok.
On 06/18/2016 09:00 AM, Bod wrote:

no, we have far too many criminals. Would you like some? We deliver. How about the Berea area of Baltimore? We'll throw in Sandtown for free.
On 18/06/2016 19:31, rbowman wrote:

Do you charge postage and shipping charges?
On 06/18/2016 01:03 PM, Bod wrote:

I'm sure we can crowd source enough funding to cover the transportation costs. There is no question that the US has a real problem.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/10/opinion/sunday/the-real-problem-with-americas-inner-cities.html?_r=0
The spree shooters make international news but the fact is the statistics are driven by daily murders in the inner cities. Most are hardly reported even locally. 'Dog bites man' doesn't sell copy.
The government and well-meaning NGOs have been tinkering with the situation for decades but it is getting no better.
On 18/06/2016 22:31, rbowman wrote:

There appears no solution to the problem.
On 06/19/2016 01:02 AM, Bod wrote:

Unfortunately, I would agree and I can only see it getting worse as a significant portion of the population realize they have no place in society.
replying to Bod, FS wrote: The reports here say that you have elected a muzzie mayor who is already chipping away at freedoms. It is only a matter of time when they will outnumber you and will push for sharia law. I would rather have a gun and not need it, than need one and not have it.
On 18/06/2016 20:44, FS wrote:

I posted a link confirming that earlier. Your fear seems misplaced.

They don't become muslims until they go to jail.
On 19/06/2016 15:31, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

There are huge muslim communities within the prison system, usually black. It does tend to be an alternative to the gang culture there.
On 19/06/2016 17:45, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

same problem here.

Bullshit on the "alternative" to gang culture. It IS still the same gang with a veneer or religion that allows them to do and demand things that would get a member of the Crips and Bloods sent to special handling.
It's no different than the religious experience proclaimed by many convicts who see the light at "Our Lady of Perpetual Parole!"<g>

They are the gang culture there.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

Or convert so they don't get drafted like that draft dogger in the news the other day that was burried. He was made a hero because he could make millions boxing,but would not fight for the country.
On 6/19/2016 10:53 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

yeah I lost respect for Cassius Clay when he changed his name to Mohamed Ali and dodged the draft.
Later in life he did do a few respectable things.
--
Maggie

On 6/19/2016 2:16 PM, Muggles wrote:

Unlike Pete Rose who did a respectable thing early in life but a non respectable thing later in life and they still withhold him from the HOF.
On 06/19/2016 12:45 AM, Bod wrote:

Muslims make up slightly less that 1% of the US population, so it would seem they are overrepresented.
On 06/18/2016 07:23 AM, Bod wrote:

Yes, we do.
http://www.history.ac.uk/ihr/Focus/Slavery/articles/sherwood.html
"Britain followed in the footsteps of the Portuguese in voyaging to the west coast of Africa and enslaving Africans. The British participation in what has come to be called the 'nefarious trade' was begun by Sir John Hawkins with the support and investment of Elizabeth I in 1573. (15) By fair means and foul, Britain outwitted its European rivals and became the premier trader in the enslaved from the seventeenth century onwards, and retained this position till 1807. Britain supplied enslaved African women, men and children to all European colonies in the Americas."
Had Good Queen Bess & Co. left the Africans in Africa the former colony would be a much more peaceful place.
Most municipalities prefer to downplay the data but an in depth report by the Chicago Police Department in 2011 claimed about 96% of the homicides involved blacks or Hispanics.
On 06/18/2016 06:03 AM, Bod wrote:

Even if the shooters are deranged, as our illustrious president would have it, they usually retain enough cunning to pick gun-free areas.