OT: There are more gun shops in the US than Starbucks, McDonald's and supermarkets put together

Page 12 of 13

You're rather missing the point, I'm afraid. Those are pretty minor things.
We don't have an official national religion. We have considerably greater freedom of speech and press than you do. We can't be jailed arbitrarily; our Congress can't pass bills of attainder, or ex post facto laws; we have considerable protection against arbitrary search and seizure -- and most important, because we have the right to keep and bear arms, we have, as individual citizens, the means to compel the government to uphold those freedoms should it ever prove reluctant or unwilling to do so. You guys, as individual subjects, don't.

Neither do we. Most people don't even have a religion.

I don't believe you. And the press are just a bunch of liars anyway.

Neither can we.
So how come you have so many more in jail than us? Is that three strikes rule really true?

Yeah ok, you go and shoot Obama and see where you end up. It'll be that jail you were talking about.
--
A Jewish woman is sitting at a bar. A man approaches her.
"Hi, honey," he says. "Want a little company?"

Umm, ever heard of the Church of England? Seems to me there's still a requirement that your monarch be a member. Our Constitution says "... No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office..."

That's another difference...

Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant. *Your* government can -- and does -- censor the press.

Yes, actually, you can.

Well, for one thing, we have five times your population -- but most of it is due to our draconian, and absolutely insane, drug laws.

Yes, if prosecutors bother to enforce it.

The difference between patriots and revolutionaries is mainly a difference of which side wins.
On 06/22/2016 02:49 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Supreme Governor, although that's as ceremonial as her other roles. Britain's religious hijinks gave rise to a favorite word of my youth -- antidisestablishmentarianism.
Their less savory moments involved the suppression of Catholics. A few years back I read there were more Catholics than Anglicans. Had something to do with female priests, gay bishops, and female priests who came out of the factory as male priests. Apparently they've been following their American cousins too closely.

silly Mormon or Jehova Witless whatsit.

has no authority in anything.

Our Constitution has been amended 27 times in 225 years.

Patently untrue.

Most people here do.

Shows how little you know about your own history -- and you pretend to lecture me on mine?
<plonk>

That is grossly unacceptable. What's the point of rules if they can be changed whenever the morons in charge feel like it?

Cite when it ever happened.

Then why did you say "Umm, ever heard of the Church of England?"?

I live here, I know a damn sight more about what goes in our press than some pratt on the other side of the world in the 3rd world desert.
--
When eating a tongue sandwich, how do you know when you've finished?

People don't relieve themselves when they like something they read.
--
"VAT is a simple tax..." -- Anthony Barber, Chancellor of the Exchequer on the introduction of VAT on April Fool's Day in 1973.

http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control-myths/crime-and-guns/

Warped shite from a gun lobby.
--
Peter is listening to "The club can't handle me - Flo Rida feat. David Guetta"

James Wilkinson wrote:

typical response when given FACTS. All stats are backed up with sources from the BATF, FBI, DOJ and many others. just because you don't like the FACTS, doesn't mean they are wrong, you are <chuckle> Typical liberal limey
On 6/18/2016 3:40 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Perfect example of why it's pointless to provide facts to the blind emotional spewing leftist hypocrites.
Oren wrote:

the little bitch can't! You know it, I know it and he knows it. All he can do is whine like a little bitch and be thankful that he's not doing it in German. He's just a little limey "subject" not a citizen <Chuckle>
On 18/06/2016 19:46, James Wilkinson wrote:

Indeed, I've checked more of the facts from that site and they are all made up.
On 18/06/2016 13:31, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Selling guns from home !!?

starbucks-mcdonalds-and-supermarkets-put-together--W1NPIvYg84b? utm_source=indy&utm_medium=top5&utm_campaign=i100

Many American small businesses operate from the proprietor's home rather than a dedicated shop; it's quite common here. This includes a large number of government- licensed firearms dealers.
On 18/06/2016 14:45, Doug Miller wrote:

Yes indeed we have home shops, but obviously without any guns.
On 6/18/2016 9:54 AM, Bod wrote:

You may LOVE the US as you stated to me before, but your ignorance on this issue along with the crime stats of your country is overwhelming. Ignoring the factual data doesn't erase it's existence. Violent crime is higher in the UK than the US. and that's a sad case considering our population is 5 times that of the UK.
On 18/06/2016 16:05, Meanie wrote:

> As was stated earlier, it's much harder to kill someone with a knife than a gun. I myself knocked a bloke out when I was attacked by a deranged guy back when I was 18. If he'd had a gun I would've stood no chance.
On 6/18/2016 11:17 AM, Bod wrote:

Yet, if you had a gun, that deranged guy would be 6 feet under. Not everyone else is capable of knocking a deranged guy down nor perhaps may you as you age. That person would benefit with another means of protection and the best is a gun.