OT: There are more gun shops in the US than Starbucks, McDonald's and supermarkets put together

Page 1 of 13
"An interactive map, designed by 1Point21 demonstrates not only how easy it is to buy a gun, but also how easy it is to find a gun shop".
"And it's frighteningly easy".
The US love affair with guns.
http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/there-are-more-gun-shops-in-the-us-than-starbucks-mcdonalds-and-supermarkets-put-together--W1NPIvYg84b?utm_source=indy&utm_medium=top5&utm_campaign=i100
Bod wrote:

Give it a rest will ya ? I actually think you furriners that bitch so much about the USA and our guns are just jealous .
--
Snag

On 18/06/2016 12:05, Terry Coombs wrote:

The UK is a much safer place without the need for guns. I would hate to feel so unsafe that I need to own a gun.
On 6/18/2016 7:25 AM, Bod wrote:

On two separate occasions I took visitors from the UK to my gun club. They had a ball. One asked to be have his picture taken shooting a .44 mag with his iPhone. He said his wife was going to hate it but his son would love it. Other shooting a semi-auto pistol raked his thumb with the slide and I had to force him to stop so I could bandage it, he was having so much fun.
On 18/06/2016 12:38, Frank wrote:

Er, the UK has shooting clubs.
On 18/06/2016 12:52, Bod wrote:

This shooting range complex is the largest civilian complex in western Europe and one of the largest in the world.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=gun+clubs+in+the+UK&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=gun%20clubs%20in%20the%20UK&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllagQ256801,-719556,42629&tbm=lcl&rlfi=hd :;si:13700781470755532859
On 6/18/2016 7:52 AM, Bod wrote:

I know. Generally a rich mans sport and guns must be be kept locked up at the club.

Yes, we prefer innocent people not to get shot.
--
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or the tiger. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, trampling and eating everything it sees.

On 6/18/2016 8:37 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

like that it is your choice, but then it will not be a choice.

YOUR country is the one with more people in jail. Much more. 737/100,000 as opposed to 148/100,000.
--
It's only illegal if you're caught.

On 6/18/2016 9:09 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Get real! We have 5 times the population you do and most jail sentences are based from the idiotic drug laws.
On 18/06/2016 15:47, Meanie wrote:

Comprehension problem? It's based on *per 100,000*.

Five out of four Americans have trouble with fractions.
--
Any woman can have the body of a 16-year-old ... as long as she buys him a few drinks first.

Our biggest murder rates and the places where they solve the fewest numbers of murders (trace the gun etc) are in the big cities with the strictest gun laws. If they do not recover the gun and they can't tie it to the shooter, you cant say much about the legality of the purchase.. The big cities are only about 40-50% effective in closing these cases. It makes things like that MSNBC article meaningless.
On 18/06/2016 17:22, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Australian rates.
On 18/06/2016 13:59, Frank wrote:

ER! you already lock up 737 prisoners per 100,000 people. The UK figure is 148 per 100,000.

The only thing the yanks get right is making them earn their keep. In the UK we consider that inhumane?!? Work, inhumane. Yet innocent people not in jail have to work.
--
Why do I have to wear a shirt and tie to go in a bar to see a topless dancer?

On 6/18/2016 9:16 AM, Bod wrote:

My reply above...... we have 5 times the population as UK. It's expected to have more inmates and mostly which are drug related.
Wake up.