OT: the sexiest man alive

Koreans ---- ahahahahahahahahahaha

BEIJING - The online version of China?s Communist Party newspaper has hailed a report by The Onion naming North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un as the "Sexiest Man Alive" _ apparently unaware it is satire.

The People?s Daily ran a 55-page photo spread on its website Tuesday in a tribute to the round-faced leader, under the headline "North Korea?s top leader named The Onion?s Sexiest Man Alive for 2012."

Quoting The Onion?s spoof report, the Chinese newspaper wrote, `?With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman?s dream come true."

"Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper?s editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile," the People?s Daily cited The Onion as saying.

The photos the People?s Daily selected include Kim on horseback squinting into the light and Kim waving toward a military parade. In other photos, he is wearing sunglasses and smiling, or touring a facility with his wife.

Reply to
ktos

Still, I suppose the women overt here must fancy slitty eyed men?

Reply to
harry

Harry, I hope you are familiar with "The Onion" news site. It reminds me so much of your view of the United States that I thought you were a contributing editor. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Onion probably took their cue from Dos Equis' "Most Interesting Man."

Some good advice there for young folks on career selection. It's at 1:20. "Find out what it is in life that you don't do well. And then don't do that thing.'

Very good advice from the most interesting man in the world.

Reply to
Vic Smith

I heard on the radio a couple days ago, that it's impossible to phone out of N. Korea, or to get internet that is from outside the country. Yes, it's that repressive. Wonder how someone found out about the Onion's story?

In any case, glad they liked the story.

.

[...]

Stormin Mormon

Yes. This is the equivalent in the UK.

plot) was the only man to enter parliament with honest intention. ( ie to blow the place up)

Reply to
harry

They still have prisoners from the Korean war.

Reply to
harry

When my father was teaching English in China, the government provided the textbooks. Dad got a lot of pleasure out of teaching them to understand the sarcasm in a selection "extolling the virtues of Communism"

Reply to
Wes Groleau

Negros in the USA used to do the same, when discussing how kindly the white man treated them. I read this in John Howard Griffin's book "Black, like me".

I think the book makes a very good read.

And, someone in the book did comment on his shaved head as "being high sexed". Maybe Griffin was the sexiest man alive?

.

When my father was teaching English in China, the government provided the textbooks. Dad got a lot of pleasure out of teaching them to understand the sarcasm in a selection "extolling the virtues of Communism"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Lefties don't care about truth. As long as the story fits their narrative, it's good enough.

Reply to
krw