OT The right thing to do

What? you gotta joking. She shouldn't even talk with them.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hmmm, Do you have a dog like that? I don't. Our dog never does anything like that. If he tries, our 3 cats will put a stop to him vice versa.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Bert Byfield wrote in news:Xns9D08D06731E66bbyfield34caravelaxy@216.196.97.131:

OT does not stand for On Topic. Just filter any subject starting with capital OT. I could tell you how to do it since you use Xnews...but then that would be Off Topic.

Reply to
Red Green

"Karen" wrote in news:hjdh9o$gev$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

...with dog piss "accidents" all over the carpet. I wouldn't take my shoes off. Unless it's a service dog, don't say there aren't piss spots. If it were a service animal, it wouldn't eat shoes.

Reply to
Red Green

Moron! Putting OT in the subject line does NOT excuse wasting space in a topic group, any more than putting SPAM in the subject line makes spamming a topic group!

Reply to
Bert Byfield

Ummmm? If they don't know what OT stands for, why would they know to not read the thread?

Reply to
Bob F

I'm even more scared about the Doctor's children, wonder how they will turn out when they grow up with that kind of example to follow?

Reply to
hrhofmann

In news:Xns9D08ECEADC840bbyfield34caravelaxy@216.196.97.131, Bert Byfield spewed forth:

but repling to said OT/Spam is *not* taking up space? I think the servers can handle it just fine, you on the other hand seem to be the waste

Reply to
ChairMan

"Karen" wrote in news:hjdh9o$gev$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

She's right, but in the long run it's not worth the fight. Don't work for those people.....this is a preview of any future problems with them. Get out while the getting is good. And whoever told her about those people, she should tell the referrer that the people did her wrong.

Reply to
Marina

Steve Barker wrote in news:pr6dnS6SJo30-sfWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

awww, that's bad. Not to mention cruel. The dog only knows as much as the owner tells it. It's the owner's fault. Who the hell are you? Are you Vick?

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Red Green wrote in news:Xns9D08EC255B07RedGreen@216.168.3.70:

When our dog was a puppy, he pooped in the doorway to my daughter's BR. My daughter woke up and half asleep walked out of the room in bare feet and right into the soft poop. You should have seen her hop to the bathroom real fast to clean it off.

Reply to
Marina

Well she has the right to set her rates as she pleases. If they want her back she should up her rate she charges to pay for a new pair of shoes.

Next question is what kind of sneakers are worth $75?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Two things happened. One, your daughter left her shoes where the dog could get to them, and the dog got to them. I'd say it was half/half responsibility.

Your daughter should thank them for the work, and not work there again.

A reasonable person would meet her at least half way on replacement. A reasonable person would have warned her about the dog. A reasonable person would have appreciated the fact that she was more concerned about watching the kids and not her shoes. These people don't seem to be reasonable, and next week it's just going to be something different.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

NO! Next week it will just be another drama.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Karen" wrote

I think your daughter displayed more maturity and diplomacy than these parents. You should be proud. Chalk it up and move on, but don't step in front of THAT bus again.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Roger Shoaf" wrote

Anything decent.

Reply to
Steve B

Bert, opening an OT thread, and then complaining is like eating a steak and sending back the empty plate to the chef with your complaint. OT means off topic, by the way. New here, huh?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

And plonking solves the whole thing. Good bye, Burt.

Reply to
Steve B

In my life, I have quit employers and told them that they do not meet my standards as employers. It goes both ways, you know.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news01.syix.com:

The kind that are good for your feet (quality type).

Reply to
TaskProperties