ot: the justice system

In light of a recent discussion, it's made me wonder if people even believe in the justice system any more. Why has social media taken the place of real justice?

It makes me sad the direction our country is heading in.

Reply to
Muggles

And this has exactly what to do with home repair Jenn?

Reply to
FrozenNorth

It's a safe bet that the folks on social media have less effect on the good doctor than the folks who practice formal shunning on straying members. I bet it also has less effect than the small town gossips spouting rumors.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I agree with you.

Reply to
Muggles

he has gone into hiding , closed his dental practice, obama is being pressured to extradiate him, and for good reason he fears for his and his familys safety.

i believe this is all a social media effect...

he is getting exactly what he deserves.

me? i want him to rot in prison for the remainder of his worthless life.

death would be too easy

Reply to
bob haller

Are you considering gun fights, lynching, tar & feathers, night riders and the like as real justice?

Reply to
dadiOH

All this anger over one lion? What would your reaction be to, say, killing one unborn child?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe if it was part of a fictional tv show, but I was thinking more along the lines of legitimate investigation of what really happened and then proper legal procedures as a result.

Reply to
Muggles

I was just pointing out that mob behaviour is nothing new.

Reply to
dadiOH