OT, That Fracking Global Warming Is bugging The Feldercarb Out Of Me!

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 12:08:33 -0600, The Daring Dufas

...and on airport tarmacs. ...the center of cities. Where they were placed decades ago has now been paved over and the monitoring stations haven't been moved.
Of course, the ones that don't show "warming" are excluded from the data. *THAT* is what passes for "science", these days.

Science is only as good as the accuracy of the data used to formulate theories. I wonder how often the temperature reports were checked out to consider them valid? o_O
TDD
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 01:44:22 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Why bother? They're showing what's wanted. Don't rock the boat!

LOL! Actually, they are presenting accurate data in a manner that is wanted. For instance: Their claimed 10 warmest years on record are highly accurate in measurement. Oddly, they are all withen .09 degrees centigrade of one another (a rather high resoltuion) and none of them are warmer than it was a 1000 years ago. Of course, anything pre-1950 is really not counted, anymore, and compensation for obvious factors are not accounted for, nor are direct comparisons to quantified data sets utilized. I could go on about their tricks/curve fitting and omission traits, but that really is a waste of time for those who already know the truth, and the idiots will only believe a lie.
On 1/27/2014 8:52 PM, Steve F. wrote:

I know what you mean. It's so easy for people to believe that man can destroy The Earth by consuming too many bean burritos. TF, Terminal Flatulence with kill all mankind because of the sheer volume of green fog gas polluting the Earth's atmosphere. It will ultimately lead to Global Suffocating. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whDN-4lbork

TDD

http://www.surfacestations.org might give you something to read if you'll be stranded for a bit.
On 1/28/2014 8:38 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Whenever I see a statement like "We'll have to adjust the numbers." my male bovine droppings alarm goes off. ^_^
TDD
On 1/6/2014 12:57 PM, SMS wrote:

No, methinks you and the current crop of global watchers are ...
That looks very much like first 3/4-ths of what could turn out to be but one cycle of a roughly 200-yr period oscillation...just a blink of a second in geologic time. Certainly nothing to say anything whatever about "climate" change; only a pretty short period of higher than some mean value (where did it come from btw?) that looks suspiciously like a peak may be occurring about now over the last 10 yr or so.
Again, only time will tell...

Again, nothing is constant and we've been through an exceptionally high sunspot cycle over the same time as most of the higher temperatures and I've seen reports that Mars' temp's are up, too...methinks also there's much more going on than as being accounted for in any of the models and certainly observational data is only good for what it is--current and past values. W/o verifiable and testable models it's only hypothesis and the quality of longterm climate models is highly suspect at best for absolute predictions.
On 1/6/2014 2:46 PM, dpb wrote:

And, just for grins I downloaded the data set and fit a crude one term model of a sinusoid with a phase shift. That alone with no other improvements had an overall R-sq of 0.8 or that 80% of the total variation is explained by the one cyclic term.

On 1/6/2014 2:46 PM, dpb wrote:

All those Limousine Liberals are driving their SUV's and flying around in their private jets on their home planet of Mars which explains the increase in temperature on Mars. ^_^
TDD

No, actually I was making fun of the talking heads who were sure that that one year was the new winter and that it was going to continue. As late as February and March of the next year (when things were back to normal) they were still saying such. Actually quite a few were saying it this year.

See this is one of the new ways that people are now cutting off any and all discussion. By using terminology that is very emotional and provokes images of the Holocaust (Iranians are Holocaust DENIERS for instance) it cuts off any chance of a debate and also cloaks the user in a certain holier than thou and all-knowing aura. 20-30 years of science and yet we are now 100% sure of what is going on|? Really?

That is a question that has been asked, at the very least, since the mid-50s concerning those along the Mississippi, Ohio, or heck even the Wabash through my little home town.
but what they conceal is vital.
On 1/6/2014 7:15 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Well you're nothing but a Climate Change racist! ^_^
TDD
On Monday, January 6, 2014 12:45:27 AM UTC-5, Harry K wrote:

Yeah, that was my take too. The piece is not very well written. The part about ice now being at the level of the 6th record low for ice doesn't do much to make a case that the ice isn't greatly diminished. And one year that just happens to be a lot better than a very bad year doesn't change a trend measured in decades.
On 1/7/2014 9:53 AM, Bob F wrote: ...

Well, it takes starting with thin ice to eventually rebuild thicker...Rome wasn't built in a day, either.
Again, we'll only know over time...
To see the larger picture in overview and that what folks are so terribly concerned about now is just short term noise in all likelihood...

Note the current position of average global temperatures compared to estimates from much longer time frames than those of humans who have very narrow timeframe viewpoints compared to nature.

On Saturday, January 4, 2014 1:56:21 PM UTC-5, SteveB wrote:

It's summer down there, not winter. As to how they got stuck, IDK, but I am sick of listening to it all, like it's some grave crisis. When Shackleton got stuck down there 100 years ago, it was a crisis. Today any thinking person knows they can rescue them with helicopters if necessary. Which is what they finally did.
On 1/4/2014 12:56 PM, SteveB wrote:

<in my best whiny voice imitation of a drain bamaged Liberal>
But aren't the polar bears at the South Pole having problems due to Global Warming? We must protect the polar bears at all costs. We should make the evil selfish 1% people pay for the Global Warming caused by their industries. We must shut down their factories and power plants to stop the release of CO2 into the atmosphere and force them to adopt a smaller carbon footprint. ^_^
TDD
On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 22:04:50 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Because the 1% (Democrats) are too busy flying their private jets around the world, bitching about how much fuel we use going to work.

You didn't get the memo? Back in the seventies, spray cans were causing global cooling. After Al Bore, They changed it to "climate change" and now andy extreme weather is our fault. For example, the winter storm Hercules in the north east is all mankind's fault.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
The Daring Dufas wrote:

6° F here. Only about 6" of snow fell last night.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Global warming alarmists will tell you that if it is too hot or too cold it is due to global warming. Even though warming trend is flat, that has nothing to do with overall trend. These people must be smarter than us because they are leading us ;(