OT, That Fracking Global Warming Is bugging The Feldercarb Out Of Me!

Page 1 of 2
As I type this it's 23°F Heat Index 13°F here in Central Alabamastan. In the morning it's forecast to be 19°F Heat Index 5°F. WTF, I thought we were going to have higher and higher temperatures in this country and the rest of the fracking world. Somebody slap Al Gore cross eyed for the billions of dollars stolen from the people because of The Global Warming scam! The people promoting the nonsense of Global Warming were recently on a ship stuck in the Antarctic ice out of reach of icebreakers. Someone should stuff ice cubes down those dumbasses' shorts! o_O
TDD

Yah, don't worry about it. Burn that coal...the oceans love it.
Have you tried the mercury-laced fish?

In geologic terms, mostly it is over centuries.

at the start of the season every year since Katrina because of CC, and then find some OTHER CC reason when it doesn't pan out. Heck this year was the best since they were still beating the drums and calling for much Death and Destruction with less than a month left in the season.. and I don't think there was even a TS after they assured us that this time it was REALLY going to be a bad season. Heck it has been a relatively calm time since the year of Katrina despite yearly forecasts to the contrary.
but what they conceal is vital.

You consider "decades" to be "long term" re: climate???
I'll bet you voted for Obumma too.
On 1/4/2014 8:02 AM, SMS wrote:

IIRC, Antarctica has shrunk a bit over the last few decades. In that vein, I am thinking CLIMATOLOGISTS might be right. WEATHERMEN, on the other hand, just report day to day. I love it when at the end of the broadcast, they announce the records, and the years they were set. "And the record was -7 F in 1928" ......... was there global cooling in the twenties, or was it just a fluke? I tend to think it was just a fluke.
And just how does a ship get stuck in ice, particularly an ice breaker? Stupidity? Expired parking meter? And then the one sent to rescue is in trouble. Don't they get the weather channel out there? It would seem like they would try to get out before winter is three months old. I guess this college educated cabal knows what they are doing, but every once in a while, I hear faint echoes of ..........
"HEY, MOE!"
Steve
On 1/4/2014 12:56 PM, SteveB wrote: ...

They just had their summer solstice three weeks ago -- it's equivalent of mid-July in northern hemisphere there now. Antarctica _is_ in the southern hemisphere you know.
Meanwhile, ice areas have grown significantly at both poles over the last few years. I suspect we'll find that in another 10-20 yr they'll be back at historic levels and the short term fluctuations will be shown to have been simply that.
I'm reminded of the "nuclear winter" furor in the 60s when we were going to be in another ice age and instead of flooding NYC it was to be 10 ft deep in ice and the mastadons would be back... :)
On 1/4/2014 11:20 AM, dpb wrote:

Wrong.
<http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/sep/18/arctic-sea-ice-shrinks-record-low Antartic sea ice is growing slightly. What you have to understand is that a) the earth is not warming uniformly, and b) there are other factors at play.
On 1/5/2014 12:59 PM, sms wrote:

OTOH,
/2013/12/16/global-warming-satellite-data-shows-arctic-sea-ice-coverage-up-50-percent/

Say it isn't so! I was almost convinced that Al knew it all. (wipes tear away)
Corrected link... http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/16/global-warming-satellite-data-shows-arctic-sea-ice-coverage-up-50-percent/
On Sunday, January 5, 2014 11:57:47 AM UTC-8, Gordon Shumway wrote:

<snip>

"This came as a shock to researchers who saw Arctic sea ice coverage shrink to a documented low in 2012. However, now sea ice coverage has expanded to reach the sixth record low, according to AFP".
You did notice that the 50% is compared to the lowest ever on record and it only boosted to coverage to the SIXTH LOWEST on record?
Wow! What an increase. Meanwhile the NW passage was open again this summer.
Perhaps you should review the difference between weather and climate.
Harry K
On 1/5/2014 11:45 PM, Harry K wrote: ...

But, a series of years turns into climate over a long-enough time.
Just wait, it'll be back...

On 1/6/2014 9:14 AM, dpb wrote:

That is to say, the proponents of "climate" change are doing the same thing on the other direction in claiming the short-term changes they're seeing/monitoring are proof of an actual change in climate rather than simply cycles within the longer period. It's the current fad where folks can find research grant money; hence they migrate to the area since there's no other great general area of science widely being funded these days to any sizable extent. No super-collider, no Hubble, no you name it of any real significance...

Remember a few years ago when we had the exceptionally warm winter and the weather guys and others were all saying it was going to happen again the next year because of CC and that it was a trend that couldn't be reversed. Until the next year when it returned to normal and this year which looks like it will counterbalance the good year and finish the return to the mean.
but what they conceal is vital.

Seems to me that if the question is "global warming", then the temperatures should be measured around the world over a period of years, not just outside your kitchen window comparing last winter to this one.
Tomsic
On 1/6/2014 11:43 AM, = wrote:
<snip>

LOL, you're correct, but unfortunately that data doesn't jive with what the Tea Party types are told by their handlers to believe and repeat. Looking at the long-term data over 100+ years is the _last_ thing that the climate change deniers want to do. Now to be fair, most of those that proclaim denial of climate change don't really believe that it's not occurring. They do what they do because of political peer pressure.
BTW, it's not just climate change where the low-information voters are successfully being deceived by those that benefit from the status quo, but there are other areas where science needs to be ignored in order to promote a specific agenda. See <http://www.pewforum.org/2013/12/30/publics-views-on-human-evolution/ and look at "Views About Evolution by Party Affiliation" and how they've changed over time. As the Republican party has attracted the right-wing wackos and religious right the percentages have shifted in that demographic even though the overall numbers have remained constant.

This is another nice and meaningless verbiage that allows the person to cut off any kind of debate and keep down the cognitive dissonance.... But at least both parties can use it to denigrate and marginalize the ones they disagree with.
but what they conceal is vital.

A.K.A. "The big lie".
On 1/6/2014 7:19 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

TDD

Which goes for the both those agreeing and those disagreeing.
but what they conceal is vital."
On 1/6/2014 1:43 PM, = wrote:

I read something about recording thermometers spread throughout the country being placed near AC condensing units. Stupidity knows no bounds. ^_^
TDD