OT - Thanksgiving, American style

* Can't hardly get into the grocery store, all week. Packed with people doing last minute shopping. You'd think there was a hurricane or something. * Christmas ads have started already. On the radio, the TV, and in the mail box. * Tacky electronically composed Christmas music plays in the stores. But, employes are forbidden from saying "Merry Christmas" for fear of offending Non-Christians. * Stores are decorated for Christmas, with tinsel and ribbons and red and white decorations. * Highways are packed with people going to Gramma's house, or returning. * People make endless plans to go here or there. Or to invite this or that person over. A large portion of the USA are single and unatached, and promptly go into depressions. * Suicides and hospital admissions will likely rise. Due to lonely, depressed people. * Homeless shelters feed millions of people who will be hungry tomorrow, and have no clue how to get a job, manage money, or be self sustaining. The homeless folks are gearing up for winter. * More driving, and more cooking. Energy use is way up. Price of gasoline goes up. * Most of the US over stuffs their faces with turkey meat and stuffing, and then goes and sleeps in front of the TV. Would be a wonderful day for a foreign invasion of the US, while all the unorganized militia are sleeping in front of the TV. Red Dawn style invasion would roll right over the US. * A small portion of the population (typically in kindergarden through 5th grade) does school assignments to list what they are thankful for.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Especially while everyone is snoozing during the Lions game.
--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.

When the store personal say "have a happy holiday" I reply with " And a Merry Christmas to you" WW

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:25:10 -0700, WW wrote:

I ask them "which holiday?"

What's the common response from the store person?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Way too funny!!

You owe me a new screen after I sprayed coffee all over this one (g).
--
To find that place where the rats don\'t race
and the phones don\'t ring at all.
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:52:04 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Depends a lot on the store's policy. Mostly a laugh with an occasional "merry Christmas." I also stay away from stores that refuse to acknowledge Christmas. Target come to mind first.
It's been a couple weeks, but I recently read on www.snopes.com that the Target No-Christmas policy is urban legend. I also heard from a man who works at a Target, and asked three managers. No such policy.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Greeting card that covers 'em all.

http://i45.tinypic.com/25f6op5.jpg

Those non-Christians are SO intolerant...
WW wrote:

I say "Sorry, I have other plans. But thanks for the thought."
Thanks, I guess I won't have to sit in the dark and cry for the next week. <sniff> you're a buddy, old pal.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus