OT Technology rant

Page 2 of 2
"Frank" wrote in message
answer all the robo receivers questions.
Is this you Frank? http://tinyurl.com/ona7ham
If I'm required to answer a question a second time, I press 0 continuously until it tells me to hold for an agent. You spent 15 minutes with an automated system. That's 14 minutes longer than I would have tolerated it.
On 9/10/2015 1:34 PM, Meanie wrote:

Do you *not* think I tried that?
When you "give up" on a system, what recourse do *you* have? In this case, I can sit down and write a letter. But, I can now do so armed with *details* of the faults in their system. Had I given up after the second time she asked me to spell my name, I'd just end up writing a letter that said: "I was too impatient to deal with your system. Now *you* can jerk me around with SNAIL MAIL to your heart's content..."
Don,
Having determined that the provided number was inadequate did you look for other numbers for this company? I'm presuming here that you do not have a local agent.
Dave M.
Hi Dave,
On 9/11/2015 5:49 AM, David L. Martel wrote:

Local insurance agent (i.e., the company which initiated the credit check) was of no help -- nor did I expect them to be. A preprinted flier comes with the new policy indicating that they accessed my credit history, etc. and contained *an* address and phone number. The phone number, at least, appears to be given out *only* to folks who have had their credit checked for this sort of reason -- it's not the same as for a *general* contact regarding your credit history. I.e., the machine that answers the phone makes a statement to the effect of "You have been given this number by a company who checked your credit... yada yada yada". Elsewhere in the dialog, you are prompted for the 14 digit identifier that the credit agency provided to that company when it checked your credit...
So, it is obvious that this contact is *just* for folks "entitled" to a free copy of such a report -- not the "one free copy per year" that EVERYONE is entitled to. I imagine if Joe Nobody called the number and tried to get results, the system would balk when he couldn't provide that reference number, the name of the company that initially checked his credit, etc. He'd probably be directed to something like 1-800-CREDITREPORT (nonsense phone number).
In my case, the "dialog" ended "successfully" -- leading me to believe that a human being would review the data that the machine was apparently unable to process. *Or*, contact me (by phone) for further clarification.
Regardless, I will followup with written correspondence to ensure I am not cheated out of this opportunity due to a faulty implementation. And, to take the time to describe how silly the interview was (why do you need anything more than the 14 digit identifier? And, perhaps, one other bit of trivial data as "confirmation"? After all, the data that I was asked to provide OTHER THAN the 14 digit identifier could easily have been forged by any of my neighbors -- who know my name, address, birthday, ZIP code, insurance company, etc.)
On 09/10/2015 04:01 PM, Don Y wrote:

Saying "Representative" or "Agent" works with many robot-attendant systems.
Perce