OT Taxes ~ Hybrid Car Tax Credit

Page 1 of 2
Anybody else have trouble with this?
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/article/0,,id "3736,00.html
BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes, Porshe
Only one normal car on there the Altima.
What is the differnce between my 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid and a Escalade Hybrid other than the 2011 Escalade gets 23 mpg and my car gets 35?

Of course I have a problem with that. The big difference between your car and those shown on that page is I didn't have to help you pay for your car.
This is how our Imposter-In-Chief is trying to prove how his "Green" energy policy is the best for our country. Bullshit!
On 1/30/2012 10:14 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I guess it was okay in the previous adm.
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/corporations/article/0,,id 3920,00.html
BTW: You did help me pay for my 2005 Prius. Thanks. Nice car. LOL

Hell Obama gave me almost $4900 for a rusted out 85 F-150 and gave me a tax write off on a new Lincoln (non-hybrid)
On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 00:20:02 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hey, some of that came from my money. I want my money back. I'll give you my bank account number so you can transfer the money back in <grin>.

Obama gave you the money? Was that before or after he killed Osama bin Laden? ^_^
TDD
On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 03:02:16 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

article/0,,id 3920,00.html

It was probably before - but after he invented the Internet.
On 1/31/2012 9:55 AM, Jules Richardson wrote:

Oh come on, you know Al Gore invented The Internet. ^_^
TDD
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:14:07 -0600, Gordon Shumway

Well said.

On 1/31/2012 11:01 AM, Caesar Romano wrote:

Too bad this program was signed into law in 2005. :-(
On 1/30/2012 10:14 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

The same people who received vehicular welfare from the government are probably some of the same people who complain about corporate welfare. ^_^
TDD
-snip-

Nah-- My brother in law received some vehicular welfare under Bush - remember the gas-guzzler deduction?
He never complained about the 100's of thousands he got in gov't assistance for his businesses, either.
Jim
On 1/31/2012 6:33 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Well, the only people who complained about that were probably those who couldn't get any of that money. ^_^
TDD
On 1/30/2012 10:38 PM, JimT wrote:

Like most others, I have trouble with the whole subsidy thing. Since I helped pay for your car, why don't you help me pay for mine?
On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 07:37:06 -0500, Frank wrote:

... and help me to keep fixing mine, so the world isn't subjected to the environmental footprint of manufacturing a new replacement.
On 1/30/2012 10:38 PM, JimT wrote:

Maybe the South Koreans don't contribute to Obama
I'm surprised they're not all government motors vehicles
On 1/31/2012 7:42 AM, RBM wrote:

Or the envelopes got mixed up...
Why am I being taxed, to give my money to someone who buys a car?

Or the envelopes got mixed up...
On 1/31/2012 8:37 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Oh, I forgot to thank you for helping to pay for my storm windows two years ago ;)
You want a flat screen TV with that? I mean, while my wallet is open, you ought to get a good TV, too.