OT stranger than fiction ...

A local story that defies belief ....
http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6542266-second-corduroy-road-found-near-conestoga-mall/
Our ancestors threw down some timbers to get a path through a muddy area - and it's treated like an archeological find ! People lined up yesterday to get 2 foot lengths of the rotting old timbers ! Geeeesh. It's not like it was an historic building or sunken ship or something ... John T.
On 5/7/2016 7:29 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Now days, the people would likely be jailed for environmental damage. Damaging a wet land.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 05/07/2016 06:29 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Had a similar experience here:
There is a rental property abutting my side yard.
It was not bothering me, but they had a small pile of rotting wood in the yard that had been there for years. It was overgrown and not really noticeable.
Yesterday I saw some workmen in the back yard who I initially thought were hired to clean up.
What they did was construct a fence between the property and mine.
Rather than putting it on the property line, they moved it in and left about a foot between my property and the fence.
Yep you guessed it, that's where they threw the old wood.
I suppose I should have tossed it back over the fence but what the hell, there was not that much so I put it in the trash.
Now I realize I threw away valuable antiques!

Congrats on publishing. Hope it is a success for you. Sounds like it has universal appeal, but is a "must" for locals.
Good luck with sales. I will look into to it also.