OT sticky yellow plastic

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 05:07:22 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Something sticky, a assume.

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:14:52 -0400, Stormin Mormon

soft-touch and won't turn into gum
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:08:15 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Only a couple incidences where I'd prefer a walky over a phone. Where there is spotty or no cell coverage, and when out of local calling area where "constant contact" would get expensive. Generally in those (the latter) situations I just text.    .
On 10/20/2014 7:26 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I think the Armor All did the job. Feels more normal, now.
Situation three: communicating with a worker who does not have a cell phone. I've done that.
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 19:26:41 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I have a pair of FRS radios that I have had for a decade and never turned on. I always thought they would be handy if my wife and I got separated hiking in the wilderness but she never gets more than 100 feet from me (after that did happen once in Alaska).

FRS walkies. It's my personal experience that you'd be wise to try out the radios some day.
* Old nicads might not hold a charge * You don't presently know if alkaline batteries work, and for how long. * I've met a lot of people who have bad radio procedure. The talk into the speaker, hold the radio out a foot and expect it to "hear" what you are saying, they forget to release the TX button, and the list goes on. * I've had radios that simply do not transmit audio, and some that don't receive. * The quiet codes can be a nightmare to program.
On 10/19/2014 9:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Plastics get old and sometimes plasticizers, if used, will bleed. Maybe a mild solvent wipe say dilute isopropanol and absorbent like talc may make it feel better.
On 10/19/14, 9:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

http://www.ourdesigns.com/Brass-Speaking-Trumpet-GDI151-0X.aspx
No batteries required. No plastic. To transmit, put it to your lips. To receive, put it to your ear. When it's break time, put a cork in it and fill it with your favorite beverage. If another company shows up at your fire, use it as a weapon. At bedtime, put a bulb in it and use it as a lamp.